command center not working

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

command center not working

• comman new command center center not working ,,i get error message saying to try an enable in in bottom right tool bar ,,but it wont let me enable ,,i have treid to download every one one dells web site but nothing works,,im running win7 and tried to load the win7 fixes and they wont load either ,,called dell sat on huld for over an hour and had to hang up cause i had to go to work ,,exaperated to say the least

• forgot to add m15-r2

• Hopefully you only installed the command center for your service tag number from dell downloads as there are "desktop" and "laptop" versions of the software. At this point you should probably start over by uninstalling command center from Programs and Features in Control Panel and restart the computer before installing again. You may want to try this before reinstalling command center, shut down the computer, unplug the power cord, remove battery, then hold down the power button for 20 seconds. When you restart the computer, go to device manager and see if any yellow bangs are showing, if not proceed with install. A yellow bang is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the center, this indicates a piece of hardware is not functioning and generally means a driver is missing or did not load correctly.

Alienware Area 51, BIOS A11, Win 7 Ultimate x64 upgraded to Windows 8 Pro, I7 980x @ 4.0 GHz, 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, 2 GTX 480's SLI, 1.2K PSU

XPS Gen4, Win 7 HP x86, P4 @ 3.4, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, Radeon X850XT

Dimension 8100, Win xp SP3, Powerleap 2.8 GHz, 768 MB PC800 RDRAM, Radeon X800

XPS T500, Win xp Home SP3, Celron 1.4 GHz, 640 MB RAM, Radeon 8500