Alienware AlienFX Controller error

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Alienware AlienFX Controller error

• I have an Area-51 with windows 7 and every time I reboot I receive the following error message. I am running v2.6.1 of the command center. When I open the command center directly I am unable to apply any saved color themes or change any colors on the fly. I would appreciate any suggestions.

System.Management.ManagementException: Provider load failure
       at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
       at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.StartHidDeviceInsertedWatcher()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.Start()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.AlienFXDeviceDiscoveryService.RegisterForDevicesEvents()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceDiscovery()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_DiscoveryService()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceRepository()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_AlienFXDeviceRepository()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.LightsZoneController..ctor()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm.initializeLightController()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm..ctor()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.Program.Main(String[] args)

• I was having problems with the lights stuck on dark blue and the temps not reading correctly. I reset the cmos using the jumper on the motherboard and that fixed all the problems I was having with command center 2.6.1.0.

Alienware Area 51, BIOS A11, Win 7 Ultimate x64 upgraded to Windows 8 Pro, I7 980x @ 4.0 GHz, 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, 2 GTX 480's SLI, 1.2K PSU

XPS Gen4, Win 7 HP x86, P4 @ 3.4, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, Radeon X850XT

Dimension 8100, Win xp SP3, Powerleap 2.8 GHz, 768 MB PC800 RDRAM, Radeon X800

XPS T500, Win xp Home SP3, Celron 1.4 GHz, 640 MB RAM, Radeon 8500

• AeroVargas

I have an Area-51 with windows 7 and every time I reboot I receive the following error message. I am running v2.6.1 of the command center. When I open the command center directly I am unable to apply any saved color themes or change any colors on the fly. I would appreciate any suggestions.

System.Management.ManagementException: Provider load failure
       at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
       at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.StartHidDeviceInsertedWatcher()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.Start()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.AlienFXDeviceDiscoveryService.RegisterForDevicesEvents()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceDiscovery()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_DiscoveryService()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceRepository()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_AlienFXDeviceRepository()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.LightsZoneController..ctor()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm.initializeLightController()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm..ctor()
       at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.Program.Main(String[] args)

I got this once and a simply uninstall,reboot and reinstall fixed it for me.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
    Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
    6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

• Thanks, I tried that but it didnt work for me.

• ^^ The will only respond once, if it doenst work, you are ish out of luck.... I have the same issue and it making me very upset with Dell