Forums

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Door controller has stopped working, what is this???

• What is a door controller?

I updated to the new command center version 2.6.1.0, I love the new layout but one issue:

I can not figure out,after putting my password in at start up and then it goes to the desktop I get an error message that the door controller has stopped working?? this while the thermal control starts up. Also, If I go to the command center and hit the thermal control tab it says the same thing that the door controller has stopped working??? I can not find door controller anywhere, never heard of it???

Any ideas my friends?

Would it help to reinstall it? Could I uninstall the version currently have and reinstall the older version (2.5.51.0) or would I create more problems.

So, it is not always good to update? I have always assumed updates were good not bad.

Matt

• The Aurora doesn't have a motorized door. Run CCLeaner and restart , the error should go away.

AURORA ALX, I7 920, UNDER REBUILD
    XPS 730 X.. I7 950  BIOS 1.05  WIN7 PRO

2x 750 RAID 0,

GPU HD 5870 X2 IN CF

AW FX  1.0.51.0

teutonic360 on steam

• I am unable to locate CCleaner. Have suggestions. Thank you for your help. Matt

• Just Google CC Cleaner. It is used to remove registry errors ect. A re- start may eliminate the error

AURORA ALX, I7 920, UNDER REBUILD
    XPS 730 X.. I7 950  BIOS 1.05  WIN7 PRO

2x 750 RAID 0,

GPU HD 5870 X2 IN CF

AW FX  1.0.51.0

teutonic360 on steam

• If that doesn't work, should I unistall the update and reinstall it. I really appreciate your help.

My lighting on the computer is now screwed up.

Matt

• Uninstalled command center and reinstalled it- IT WORKED! Matt

• I did the same and get the message Door Controller nt working. I tried reloading from the disk but it comes back and says that a later version is present and won't reload. The Alienware support is no help atall and told me to reload from the Dell site but htey only have the latest version. There is a file in the files listing named DoorController but I cannot find any way to execute it. I have done the Alienware back up when I loaded the update so I don't have the old version, Has anyone got an answer