Alienware m11x battery problem

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Alienware m11x battery problem

• Hello, i'm fairly new here, but I know my ways around the computer, but I have one problem.

After sending my m11x to Dell for the dreaded screen hinge problem, they sent it back in a timely manner and everything was great, the screen hinges were finally fixed. However, after a few weeks, I noticed my battery gradually declining in terms of how long it could stay on without charging.

Just 2 weeks ago, my battery had finally failed and now I have to constantly plug it in for it to even work. On my battery details, it says that I need to replace my battery because there is a problem with it. I never had any problems before sending it to Dell and now I do. If I unplug the laptop and let it stand on its own, it only gets a maximum of 45 min on FULL CHARGE.

I waited around three weeks for my laptop to be repaired because of Dell's faults against the screen hinge and now I have a battery problem after receiving it back from them.

If there is anything I can do, please let me know. It's also a pain that Dell does not have Alienware customer chat support as some other models do.

• Contact Technical Support Phone or Email. They will need the following information -
    Email Address:
    Name:
    Shipping Address:
    Phone Number:
    PC Service Tag number:
    Reason: Defective battery
    Troubleshooting Done:

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    #iwork4Dell
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
    Drivers
    Order Status

• I have tried contacting Dell's e-mail for support but for some reason, when I enter in my Service Tag, it says that Alienware is not supported for e-mail support.

If you have a direct e-mail I can send to, it would be of GREAT help as phone support is not an option for me.

• What ever happened to using the phone? Its much faster and easier if you ask me.

Alienware Aurora R4
    Intel Core i7 3930K
    16GB 2133MHz Corsair Dominator GT
    3GB AMD Radeon HD 7970
    SoundBlaster Recon3D Fatal1ty
    Killer 2100 NIC
    512GB Crucial M4 SSD
    19-in-1 Media Card Reader
    Blu-ray Disc Combo / DVDRW
    W7 Ultimate x64
    23" Samsung S23A750D 1080P 120Hz

• It is. I mean, don't get me wrong, I could, but i'm so busy with work that being on the phone and sometimes being put on hold can be very time-consuming.

• Completely understood. I know the feeling.

But sometimes, its best to do things like this over the phone. Because it can take a long time before anyone answers your email, if they even decide to acknowledge it. You know what I mean.....

In your case though, it would not take very long at all. Since the laptop is even giving you a notice that the battery needs to be replaced and there is a problem with it, there is no diagnostics to run. Its a bad battery. I would not expect them to sit there and try to fix it because the only fix is a new battery. The laptop is advertised to run well over 3 to 4 hours on a charge. 45 minutes is not even close....Having the laptop in this short amount of time, the battery should not fail this quickly, even if it was used constantly.

Just give 'em a call during the evening/ They are there 24/7 (i think) and should be able to get you a new battery out in no time.

Alienware Aurora R4
    Intel Core i7 3930K
    3GB AMD Radeon HD 7970
    Killer 2100 NIC
    512GB Crucial M4 SSD
    W7 Ultimate x64

• I completely understand also. Thanks for your very thorough input. I'll try to give them a call as soon as I can, and it really si a shame that I bought the m11x back in April and its already had its fair-share of problems.

Hopefully, this time everything will work out.

Would you happen to know if I have to send in my unit for any reason at all or will they just ship a new battery to my home?

• No you should not have to send your unit into them.

They should just do a Parts Only Service (POS) and send you the battery. They include a shipping label for you to send the defective part back to them.

Usually they only request you send in the unit if its a very complicated part to replace that technicians in your area cant do.

Alienware Aurora R4
    Intel Core i7 3930K
    3GB AMD Radeon HD 7970
    Killer 2100 NIC
    512GB Crucial M4 SSD
    W7 Ultimate x64

• I see. Alright, that sounds good. Though, I still very much prefer the email.

If a Dell representative and gladly tell me the email address of the ones i'm supposed to email, that would be great.