Alienware mx15 FX does not work?

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Alienware mx15 FX does not work?

• Hello, I've had my computer since Feb.2010 and I had to do a system restart.  I downloaded all the drivers (online) not from the CD and my Command center FX part doesn't work.  It can't find my keyboard so it doesn't light up, and the buttons on the bar (music player buttons wireless, volume) I have to keep hitting everywhere ti find the button I'm looking for, normally the wireless when it turns off...

It's really annoying because I've tried uninstalling the command center drive and reinstalling it and all that wonderful things.  I did download the drivers in order so I don't know what's wrong.  The weird part is that everything else in the command center works? I don't want to do another system restart because I'm not buying photoshop again or Windows office that I need for college courses.  

Here are some images...

My FX:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l86/Southpark12303/Alienwarefxproblem.png

And everything else working...

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l86/Southpark12303/everythingelsewords.png

Please help :( Thank you

• Sorry, I can't help really help with your laptop problems, but I wanted to comment on the following ...

Abstar12303

I don't want to do another system restart because I'm not buying photoshop again or Windows office that I need for college courses.  

This should never be an issue. You should have the original discs or the full installers backed up to optical disk or removable media. Also, you should have a hard copy (printed image or text) of any required serial numbers, installation keys, or CoA.

You never know what might happen. The hard-drive could crash tomorrow, it could be stolen, it could be damaged in a natural disaster.

For these same reasons, you should also have your data files backed up (docs, pics, etc).

Alienware Aurora ~ Intel i7-930 ~ 12gb ram ~ AMD HD-5870
    256gb Samsung 830 SSD / 1tb HDD ~ LG Blu-Ray ~ USB 3.0 PCIe
    Dell 24" UltraSharp u2410 LCD ~ Dell 22" LCD

All my Dell Machines and Specs

Wiki-like Threads I've written and other Favorites

Posting Tips:
    - Always provide machine make, model, specs and software versions.
    - Click the button if we answered your question.

Registered Microsoft Partner
    & Apple Developer:

Gaming when I'm not programming.

I answer questions here, but
    I'm not a Dell employee.

• It looks like to me maybe your AlienFX board went bad. Did you ever get any errors when trying to install Alienware Command Center?

In order to have the AlienFX board fixed, they need to replace the motherboard of your laptop, as it is built into it. Call Alienware Tech Support and they should send someone out to you.

Alienware Aurora R4
    Intel Core i7 3930K
    16GB 2133MHz Corsair Dominator GT
    3GB AMD Radeon HD 7970
    SoundBlaster Recon3D Fatal1ty
    Killer 2100 NIC
    512GB Crucial M4 SSD
    19-in-1 Media Card Reader
    Blu-ray Disc Combo / DVDRW
    W7 Ultimate x64
    23" Samsung S23A750D 1080P 120Hz

• It was weird because I would get errors sometimes it would like choose when to give me errors.  I'll try that thank you!!