HOW TO DISABLE STEALTH MODE IN M15X ???

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

HOW TO DISABLE STEALTH MODE IN M15X ???

• How to disable stealth mode in M15X ( i7 740QM, GTX 260, A06 ) other than the button present in the upper right touch sensitive panel ???  Well, my panel is non-responsive since last few days and I having a horrid gaming experience.. I need your help guys... Any suggestions...

And one more thing, this laptop performs well when on AC power but on battery mode, gaming is almost impossible....even CS doesn't work..imagine playing crysis... IMPOSSIBLE !!! And while researching over the net, I came to know that 90% owners are having this issue...........

All the diags using F12 are a success if this is relevant statement !!!

Any comments welcomed !!! thanks !!!

• Hi,

I don't know how to turn off the stealth mode out side of the touch sensitive pad, however if the gaming is good of AC power then its probably already off. As you probably know the stealth mode is only available with the AC power adapter plugged in.

With regards to the battery performance i found that the cooling policy when running on the battery was set to passive. My understanding is that in passive the CPU is throttled back rather than increasing the fan speed. Check what cooling policy is set in the command center processor power management, set it to active.

Hope you get lucky and its something simple.

Cob's

• Cobbie911

Hi,

I don't know how to turn off the stealth mode out side of the touch sensitive pad, however if the gaming is good of AC power then its probably already off. As you probably know the stealth mode is only available with the AC power adapter plugged in.

With regards to the battery performance i found that the cooling policy when running on the battery was set to passive. My understanding is that in passive the CPU is throttled back rather than increasing the fan speed. Check what cooling policy is set in the command center processor power management, set it to active.

Hope you get lucky and its something simple.

Cob's

Hi cobbie,

the setting to active to passive thing worked.. :) thank you so much....actually,after i received my laptop, i was so busy playing games on this beast that i hadn't checked any of my power settings....i mean, gaming on it is so ADDICTIVE !!!Wink

my problem was that the gpu was set to balanced mode...hence decreased performance in gaming. however, I am still not being able to check my fan speed using CC and I am using the latest version of it. And disabling STEALTH mode other than the touch sensitive button would be helpful.

thanks for ur help mate !!! I appreciate it !!! Yes

• I have an M17x. In the bios, I was able to set my graphics cards to: Hybrid Graphics - Disabled / Integrated Graphics - Disabled, which means the M17x will use the discrete video card (s) only. Regular SLI mode will be available for systems with 2 NVIDIA discrete video cards. Even with that setting in the bios though, if I run the laptop on battery, it automatically switches to using the 9400M. When I'm back on AC power I have to reset the graphics card setting again. There's a very informational forum for Alienware owners at notebookreview.com.

Alienware Area-51 | Bios Version A07 | CC 2.5.51.0, A07 | Windows 7 64 | Dual GTX 285 | Creative X-Fi | MS Habu mouse | Dell L100 keyboard

Alienware M17x | Bios A02 | CC uninstalled | Windows 7 64 | Dual GTX 280M | IDT | MS Habu

• My dearest friends and fellow Alienware compadres!! =D. i have found a quick solution to this problem!!!

After some mindless searching for answers to this problem i finally just decided to fiddle around on my own and hope to find a solution...yah, I'm not gonna bore you with useless babling.

-just mouse over to the bottom right corner of the screen and scroll over the little battery icon.

-right click and select "Power options"...and there is no need to explain the next part, just read the page.

.......(but just in case: make your own power plan and select "High performance".

select it and run your games in graphics of PURE AWESOMENESS!! and smoothness ;).

good gaming. Bonham93.

• Nice. I hope this work :-)

• Hello Shailesh12,

I am still not being able to check my fan speed using CC and I am using the latest version of it. And disabling STEALTH mode other than the touch sensitive button would be helpful.

Here is a link that mention about a program you can use to have the stealth mode feature on or off, it might refer to the M17x but it also work with the M15X.

To check the fan speed you can use, the tool from this link.

Karen M.
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty!
    YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube
    If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's