How works the Dell Driver Download Manager??

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

How works the Dell Driver Download Manager??

• Hello Aliens,

I have just bought a few days ago a Dell AlienWare Aurora and since then I only get problems with no updated drivers devices (as Realtek, Alien FX, ,,), but what frustate me more is the imposibility on downloading the updated drivers from the official Dell  page.

When I click on download whatever driver it only downloads the DellDriverDownloadManager,application, but not run it, and when I try to run it from windows it says that there is no files to download and ends. I also have tried with the download lists but occurs the same. The page even detects my not up-to-date drivers and offers download them all. I don´t undertand anything..

I have achieved download some drivers  using the driver genious, but now I have problems with the Command Center  2.5.35.0 (the Alien FX device doesn´t work) and only find the updated driver (2.5.51 I think) in the Dell page Angry

Please, if someone has finded out how to download drivers from the Dell page I would be very grateful.

EEU (Spain).

• I had similar problem using Firefox.  Try using Internet Explorer; it works for me.

Alienware Area-51 X58

Bios A10

Intel Core i7 Extreme 990X @ 3.47 MHz

Boot Drive 1.5Tb

2nd  drive 2x1.5Tb Raid 1

3rd Drive 2x2Tb Raid 1

4th Drive 1.5Tb

Command Center 2.6.11.0

Windows 7 Ultimate Professional, SP1

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

BH30N Blu-Ray burner/DH-24ABS CD/DVD player

24.0” Dell U2410 UltraSharp™ Full HD Monitor

23.0” Alienware AW2310 OptX™ Full HD Gaming Monitor, 3D capable

NVIDIA 3D Vision

Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium series

USB: keyboard and Mouse, printers, webcam, hard drives,...

• schneiderman

I had similar problem using Firefox.  Try using Internet Explorer; it works for me.

Thanks!!, that was exactly the problem.

I owe you one!

• Or, remove the Dell Driver Download program and the first time you click on a driver to download, click the prompt, "use my browser".

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Drivers
    Order Status

• Hello, first you must always give complete informationa about your particular Dell Allenware Aurora,. Include Type Video card Memory, Computer RAM and Hard Drive size. Driver type needed, example, Realtex AC97 Audio driver, because their isn't a computer made that can't be fix, It may take a few runs at it, but, drivers are available. Fact, any needed factory or third party driver is available on the Internet. The Dell download manager is just telling you something is wrong, and that is, you must look elsewhere or for the thirf party Website, for correct download. Dell is now partners with many Vendors, who install their parts on Dell computers.

Bunkhorsey,

Gwynn Oak, MD

With the onslaught of variables by each Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of made computers, and the many design in motherboards, I find it compeling to consult with the Dell community & technicains; when,  drivers, repair,  upgrade & update information is available. I find this site & forum useful & helpful. I got extremely critical updates on the AC97 Audio Driver & the Intel Pro 2200 Wi-Fi Notebook Adapter, when, installing Windows7 Ultimate, 32bit Operating System, on my 2004, 2006, 2007 Dell computers. Exchange of information is a Networking marvel.

Ja Melvin Horsey

Gwynn Oak, MD

• Addendum:The Dell Download Manger is not the cause of your problem or has not thing to do with it.

With the onslaught of variables by each Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of made computers, and the many design in motherboards, I find it compeling to consult with the Dell community & technicains; when,  drivers, repair,  upgrade & update information is available. I find this site & forum useful & helpful. I got extremely critical updates on the AC97 Audio Driver & the Intel Pro 2200 Wi-Fi Notebook Adapter, when, installing Windows7 Ultimate, 32bit Operating System, on my 2004, 2006, 2007 Dell computers. Exchange of information is a Networking marvel.

Ja Melvin Horsey

Gwynn Oak, MD