Forums

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

AlienFX Media Plug-in

• Is it just me or does the Media plug-in on the Alienware Aurora downloads page not work? I mean it downloads, installs, restarts, etc. perfectly but does absolutely nothing with the lights on playback.

WMP12 & iTunes

• hairbautt

Is it just me or does the Media plug-in on the Alienware Aurora downloads page not work? I mean it downloads, installs, restarts, etc. perfectly but does absolutely nothing with the lights on playback.

WMP12 & iTunes

Read through the forums here, you'll find that most things that begin with Alien don't work.

• Remarkable isn't it, how one little post sums up an entire forumBig Smile

• I should of learned from the XPS 630i...what a failed system...l

• * Did you go to the folder that the file was unzipped to and install the plug-in by running setup.exe?
    * You must have Alien Command Center installed for this program to work
    * Once it’s installed, if you play a song in Windows Media Player and go to the “Now Playing” tab
    * Click on the arrow below ‘Now Playing’ and choose “AlienFX Media Plug-In” from the Visualization tab
    * An Alienhead will appear in the window and the lights will begin to change based on the music

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    #iwork4Dell
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
    Drivers
    Order Status

• I did all of that. There was a media plug-in for the 630i as well (didn't work that great), but I understand the steps it takes to install and configure the plug-in, but unfortunately it's just doesn't work...might of been the BIOS update or the CC update...

• I was having similar problems as the ones you have described, but I managed to fix them. Keep in my mind I bought and received my machine this month, if that even has anything to do with it. Here's the run-down:

1. Go through all the steps for WMP as outlined by the Dell Rep above.

2. Locate the AlienFX icon in your activity bar (or whatever the bottom right area of your screen is called )

3. Right click on the icon and make sure that AlienFX events are enabled, and that 3rd party monitoring of AlienFX is enabled

Here's the dumb part, the plug-in won't work unless you have WMP up on your screen, meaning you cant have it minimized. On top of that, the plug-in itself is really a waste of time... The effects are minimal and not worth much praise. Try it for yourself, you'll see what I mean

• *Sigh* But my Alienware 14 does