Problems with AlienGUIse (skinning the taskbar)

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Problems with AlienGUIse (skinning the taskbar)

• When I first got my Aurora ALX, AlienGUIse popped up and offered to skin Win7. I said yes and all was well, it skinned everything. But when I downloaded a new version of AlienGUIse, the taskbar is no longer getting skinned, it takes on the "Windows Classic" style of taskbar (i.e yellow color, no glass effect). The start menu looks a little funny too. Everything else appears to be getting skinned though. I've tried re-applying the BREED theme that I used when I first got my PC, but again, the taskbar won't skin. I've tried emailing MyColor support, but they say because I'm using AlienGUIse, I need to talk to Alienware for support. Anyone know how to fix this?

• All I can say is....Here we go again.......First all the Command Center issues now the AlienGUIse.......all this "cool factor" Alienware add-on software causes more problems than they are worth....

AW Area 51 ALX Bios-A11 CC-2.8.9.0 Processor-I975 3.33 OC 3.83 RAM-6 GB 1333 Video Card-Dual NVidia GTX295 Video Driver-340.52 Sound Card-SB X-FI Titanium Hard Drive-Dual 300G, 10K RPM RAID 0 Spare 640G HDD For System Back-Up Images Optical Drive-DVD DH-24/Blu-Ray BH-30N Monitor-Dell ST2421L Keyboard-AW TactX Mouse-AW TactX OS-Win 7 Pro 64bit
  • How old is your system? Did you just now get it? Where did you find a download for AlienGUIes on a WIndows 7 OS?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
    Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
    6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

• It's only a few weeks old. I got the software from http://www.alienware.com/community/alienguise/theme-manager.aspx

• The one that came on your system is made for Windows 7. We have been waiting for it to become a download. The link you posted is the old version for XP and Vista. That is why it worked at first but no longer works after you updated it. By updating it your removed the Windows 7 version that worked and installed XP or XP/Vista. Try a system restore or see if its on the resource CD that came with the computer and reinstall it. As of right now there is no DL for the Windows 7 version.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
    Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
    6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

• Ah, that makes sense. Does anyone have a copy of the software? I've checked my Aurora resource disk, but it doesn't appear to be on there.

• Hi There

My system is being built and should be shipped in the next few days I was told. I could send you what I get if this help you.

Send me a message if you want me to do this

• Awww... does anyone know when they are going to release alienguise for previous owners? I bought my system about a month ago and I totally missed out. It would be awsome if you could look through the cd and see if you could find the executeble file and pass it along.

PC Model : Area 51
    Bios version : A10
    Command Center version : 2.5.51.0
    Processor : core i7_990x 3.46GHz
    Ram : 12GB Corsair Dominator 1600 MHZ
    Video Card : Dual GTX 580'S
    Video Card Driver version : 270.61 - Nvidia
    Sound Card : Sound Blaster XFI Titanium
    Hard Disk Drive : 2 TB Raid0 (2x1000 GB 7,200 rpm)
    Optical Drive : (Blu-ray RW 6x) + (DVD +/- RW 24x)
    Monitor : Alienware OPTX2310x3 On Nvidia 3D Surround
    Keyboard : Logitech G15
    Mouse : Logitech G9
    Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate 64

• whenever I get my system, let me know if you want a copy of the cd

• Well sure, if you get a copy of the software with your system, send it my way!

• ok sure, will do whenever I get it. could you send me a message so \i remember,thanks

• I want a copy too! Can you?

Model: Alienware Aurora (AO9)
    Processor: Intel Core i7 920 3.66GHz(Overclocked)
    Hard Drive: 2TB WD Black + 600GB WD Green - SATA2 HDD
    Memory: 6GB Triple-Channel 1333MHz DDR3
    Graphic: GeForce 260 GTX 1.8GB
    Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
    Mouse: Alienware TactX
    Keyboard: Alienware TactX
    Alienware TactX Headset

• me 2 please. is there somewhere you can actually upload the file so that we all can get it?

• that would be ideal since I would like to get a copy too :)

Aurora  ALX | Win 7 Ultimate  x64 | CC 2.5.52.0 A08 | BIOS A09 | Intel Core i7 930 @ 3.37 GHz | 6GB Triple Ch. DDR3 SDRAM  @ 1600 MHz
    1 TB (2 x 500GB 7.2k rpm HDDs RAID0) | ATi Radeon HD5870 Catalyst 10.6 | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium | Internal USB Bluetooth
    2x Optical Drives; Blu-Ray Burner & DVD-ROM | 19-in-1 Media Card Reader | Alienware TactX Keyboard | Logitech Performance Mouse MX
    Logitech X-540 5.1 Speakers | 2x 21.5" Dell SX2210 1920x1080 Monitors | iomega Professional 1TB External HDD | APC BR1500 865 Watt UPS

• Hi Everyone. Sure I dont mind. Someone figure out for me whats the best way to do this. Can it be uploaded somewhere ?

My computer actually shipped but I wont get it till sometime next week, I hope by mid week. purolater tells me it wont be at the canadian border till probably friday and then it will take a couple of business days after that, and of course i have to be home to receive it or go pick it up.