Forums

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Bluetooth Device not Discoverable

This question is not answered

Hi,

I'm frequently receiving the "Bluetooth Device not Discoverable" notification on my M17x laptop when I play World of Warcraft and am moving my character with the mouse.  It causes approximately a 5 second lag in gameplay.  The laptop is plugged into AC power, and I don't use any bluetooth devices or wireless devices.  The mouse is wired and the internet connection is wired.

I also have an Alienware area-51 desktop computer.  The desktop computer gets the approximately 5 second lag but there is no notification, only a sound notification.  The sound is the device disconnect/device connect sound.   I don't use any wireless or bluetooth devices on the desktop either. 

I'm not sure what is causing this notification and how to get rid of it.  Any suggestions?

Alienware Area-51 | Bios Version A07 | CC 2.5.51.0, A07 | Windows 7 64 | Dual GTX 285 | Creative X-Fi | MS Habu mouse | Dell L100 keyboard

Alienware M17x | Bios A02 | CC uninstalled | Windows 7 64 | Dual GTX 280M | IDT | MS Habu

All Replies
  • M17x - Go into the Bios Setup- Advanced and disable the Internal Bluetooth. Press F10 to Save and Exit.

Area-51 - I do not see that option in the Bios Setup. Can you go into the Device Manager and right click and disable the Bluetooth?

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Drivers
    Order Status

• Thanks for the fast response.

I disabled the Internal Bluetooth via the Bios Setup on the M17x as per your instructions.  I haven't had a chance to test it thoroughly.  What little I did test produced no lag.

On the Area-51, I don't see anything that says Bluetooth in the device manager.  I think I may have disabled it months ago.  This is a link to screenshots of before (December 2009) and after (Today) Device Manager lists:    http://s980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/lovepuglets/Device%20Manager/  .   On the "My PC Information" sheet that shipped with the PC there is mention of Bluetooth several times.  I'll copy and paste here:

Installed Devices Drivers
    Bluetooth L2CAP Interface, 6-11-2009, 6.2.0.9500; Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module, 6-15-2009, 6.2.0.9000; Bluetooth Remote Control, 6-24-2009, 6.2.0.9451; Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator, 6-21-2006, 6.1.7600.16385; Bluetooth Hands-free Audio, 7-1-2009, 6.2.0.9500.

The conditions and behavior of the approximate 5 second lag in gameplay are identical for the laptop and desktop, which is what made me think it is a Bluetooth related error on the desktop.  That being said, it seems a little odd that it would be the same cause since I apparently already disabled the Bluetooth on the desktop.

Alienware Area-51 | Bios Version A07 | CC 2.5.51.0, A07 | Windows 7 64 | Dual GTX 285 | Creative X-Fi | MS Habu mouse | Dell L100 keyboard

Alienware M17x | Bios A02 | CC uninstalled | Windows 7 64 | Dual GTX 280M | IDT | MS Habu

• Don't know. Ask the gamers here.

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Drivers
    Order Status

• Really?  Your response is a disappointment.

To me, it appears the most recent post on that forum was March 31, 2010, which received no reply.  I'm thinking I'll be disappointed over there too.  Instead, I'll ask you this:  How do I reactivate Bluetooth on my desktop?  It is not showing up in the device manager.