Software for Alienware TactX Keyboard

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Software for Alienware TactX Keyboard

This question is not answered

Hello,

Were can I get the latest version of the software for my TactX keyboard?

for the life of me I can't find it via the Dell support site...

Thanks!

All Replies
  • Hi Mikekro,

Below is the latest version of Alienware TactX Keyboard driver:

http://dell.to/15CgYsa

However, there is no software as such for this keyboard except for Alienware command center. Do let me know the issue that you are facing with the keyboard (if any) along with the system model and operating system version to which the keyboard is connected.

If you have any other questions do reply to the same thread.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kiran K
    #IworkforDell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

• Hello,

Thanks for that!

That software gave me access for the macro key's.

Is their a current link for the software for changing colors on the keyboard?

thanks

• Hi Mikekro,

It is good to know that the macro keys are working now. You may use the below link and use AlienFx controller to change colors on the keyboard:

http://bit.ly/19edU8t

If you have any other questions do reply to the same thread.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kiran K
    #IworkforDell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

• That seems to be a link to a review of the software. I'm looking for the software itself.

• Hi Mikekro,

The link provided by me is a general link that talks about the menu options in Alien FX as this software is inbuilt in an Alienware computer. However, if this is missing you may use the below link to install latest version of Alienware command center:

http://dell.to/16E9Kkd

Input system service tag, select operating system and under application tab download command center

Then you may refer the below link for help on options in Alienware command center:

http://dell.to/17dzqo8

Thanks & Regards,
    Kiran K
    #IworkforDell

• Why is this software so hard to get....

I have an Alienware TactX keyboard. Not an Alienware system. An Alienware TactX keyboard does not have a service tag.

One of the feature of the keyboard is that it can change colors.

Were do I get the software that allows it to change colors?

• Hi Mikekro,

Apologies if I have not explained clearly in my previous response. The link provided by me in the earlier response can be used to download Alienware command centre. However, I request you to send me the system service tag for the system where the keyboard is connected via private message. I will then check and provide the right link for Alien FX.

To send a private message, click on my user name and select send message.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kiran K
    #IworkforDell

• Hi Kiran. 

I'm joining to discussion with same problem. I have a drivers CD, but FX software is really poorly done. There is no advanced options for controling colors, like in command centre. This is leading to many issues. Like unability to switch off 3rd party colors input. Which is leading to discoteque in some cases (like BF3). I can't even switch the damn light off.

It means, in every case, that some software is written with keyboard color commands, there is nothing I can do to switch it off, or regulate color and so one. 

I saw some pictures from links you posted, and it looks just like what I/we need.

And also, I dont have an alienware system but the keyboard. So I cannot provide you the service Tag.

Thanks for answer, hoping it will help. This keyboard is not the one of the cheapest in my country.

• I also have problem with Alienware TactX keyboard. The keyboard freezes in game. And I have to unplug & plug the USB to make it work again. It is so much trouble in a game where you cannot move and have your opponents all around you. Please provide fix.
    P.S. It does not happen in normal typing but when it freezes in the game, even after closing using mouse/gamepad the keyboard still on freeze and cannot do windows operation (e.g. Alt+tab, Crtl+Alt+Del, etc.)

Keyboard model: Alienware KG900

PN: 920-005167

OS: Windows 8.1; Keyboard Software: Alienware TactX Keyboard CI. release 64 - 1.10.102

• Delete

Alienware Aurora ~ Intel i7-930 ~ 12gb ram ~ AMD HD-5870
    256gb Samsung 830 SSD / 1tb HDD ~ LG Blu-Ray ~ USB 3.0 PCIe
    Dell 24" UltraSharp u2410 LCD ~ Dell 22" LCD

All my Dell Machines and Specs

Wiki-like Threads I've written and other Favorites

Posting Tips:
    - Always provide machine make, model, specs and software versions.
    - Click the button if we answered your question.

Registered Microsoft Partner
    & Apple Developer:

Gaming when I'm not programming.

I answer questions here, but
    I'm not a Dell employee.