USB MIC Problem with Alienware M17x R3

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

USB MIC Problem with Alienware M17x R3

This question is not answered
I have an Alienware M17X R3 (IDT HD AUDIO)
I just bought Asus USB headset cinevibe, the problem is the microphone when I insert the USB the driver installed correctly but when I talk the volume of my voice is very low, in the settings of windows 7 the microphone level is at 100 % and the AGC is active, what you hear is my voice very low and an annoying background noise as a subwoofer, with the AGC on, the green bars that indicate the use of the microphone are constantly in half (see the picture below), if I turn off the AGC instead the green bar become 0/1, but volume is lowered further and remains always sound like a subwoofer, I tried to see the settings of the sound card IDT but the panel microphone has only a single bar to increase boost, the bar is set to maximum, even if the value is 0 db and I can not decrease it (see the picture below), I tried to uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers, I have tried to disable all audio devices and all microphone except headphones ASUS does not seem to work anything.
the microphone volume becomes normal only when I speak very loudly with the microphone attached to the mouth
I tried the headphones on another PC also with IDT sound card, the microphone on the pc works perfectly, then exclude that is a defect of the headphones, I noticed that the only difference between the two computers, is the version of the IDT control panel, my interface is blue and the other PC is black I do not know which one is the most recent, I tried to update the driver but the most recent (05/25/2011), in the DELL site, however, on the site of IDT, I can not find any drivers to download.
Enrico

http://i46.tinypic.com/zixba8.jpg
All Replies
  • Let me see if I get this straight. The PC mic works fine but the Headset one does not?

Luis Porras
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty!
    YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube
    If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's

• EnricoV
    Asus USB headset cinevibe, the problem is the microphone when I insert the USB the driver installed correctly 

USB audio devices use only the "sound card" built into the device (headphones). That's why it loaded a new driver.

Try configuring using only Control Panel/Sound and/or the little config app that came with CineVibe Headphones. Don't use "Dell Audio by IDT" app.

If still unable to set Mic volume and/or gain ... try Disabling all other Mics (leaving only CineVibe Mic Enabled/Default).

Alienware Aurora ~ Intel i7-930 ~ 12gb ram ~ AMD HD-5870
    256gb Samsung 830 SSD / 1tb HDD ~ LG Blu-Ray ~ USB 3.0 PCIe
    Dell 24" UltraSharp u2410 LCD ~ Dell 22" LCD

All my Dell Machines and Specs

Wiki-like Threads I've written and other Favorites

Posting Tips:
    - Always provide machine make, model, specs and software versions.
    - Click the button if we answered your question.

Registered Microsoft Partner
    & Apple Developer:

Gaming when I'm not programming.

I answer questions here, but
    I'm not a Dell employee.