Alienware X51 Software issues

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Alienware X51 Software issues

• I recently purchased two AW X51's and I am having some software issues on both systems. When you log into the system a UAC comes up to allow for Alienware command center to run. Is there a way to have this run with out the prompt? The second problem is the Alienware Autopsy folder in the start up is empty. The program itself is on the hard drive but the folder is empty, any ideas on how to populate the folder?

• That UAC pop-up is part of windows UAC security that are means to change that security level to avoid prompts.  

www.7tutorials.com/how-change-user-account-control-uac-levels

Hope that helps for the UAC Command Center question

• I am aware of the UAC security on windows. I was just wondering if there is an option in the Alienware command center program to keep it from coming up. My wife has an Alienware Aurora that is also windows 7 with the command center software and she is not prompted by the UAC.

• There is no option in AWCC for that.  AWCC initializes the lights on startup.  If you do manage to bypass the UAC on startup, there's a thread on here that talks about it, you will get the prompt when you use a game or program that tries to change the lights which would/could be disruptive to your gameplay.

As there is no MIO board in X51, AWCC on X51 talks to the lights via the BIOS and windows is popping up UAC only once when the program starts up/initializes... so as I mentioned relaxing UAC is one way to alleviate the prompts.

• Ok now I understand why UAC is coming up on the X51 and not the Aurora. Thank you.