x51 - The screen turned pink - the computer shut off

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

x51 - The screen turned pink - the computer shut off

• Lovebuz

Now i have 301 installed and no problem when i export that movie from movie maker. Thanks for the help. I hope i don´t need to fight for this graphic card again. That´s make me... sad.

Glad it's working again. Yes Don't forget that is a beta driver so you will want to check Nvidia every now and then to update it once they release it.

P.S. I am running the 301 too with no issues. It seems to be a very good driver.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
    Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
    6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

• Ok i will.

• I have the X-51 with the GTX 555.  Been getting BSODs and reinstalling drivers for two weeks using the recommended approach on forums with driver sweeper.  Finally moved to the 296.10 version, and got the pink screen.  I am going to try the beta version and see if it clears up.  My first Alienware purchase is not making me a fan.

• arkirby

I have the X-51 with the GTX 555.  Been getting BSODs and reinstalling drivers for two weeks using the recommended approach on forums with driver sweeper.  Finally moved to the 296.10 version, and got the pink screen.  I am going to try the beta version and see if it clears up.  My first Alienware purchase is not making me a fan.

Keep in mind that there are other things that can cause a BSOD and artifacting ( green/pink screen ).  Seems that the driver is the main issue with everyone so keep trying that like you have been doing. If that doesn't work then you need to move on and start checking everything else.

Don't be afraid of calling Dell. I would have to think that this is a known problem by now with the number of people posting with the same BSOD's. They may be able to fix it real quick for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
    Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
    6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

• I am mainly posting to bring more attention to the issues with the X-51, and in case it is a software solution so that others can benefit.  I've owned over 10 Dells and called in the past.  I usually try to figure it out to avoid their cookbook steps.

• Hm, now the screen turned black. I´m going nuts!

• My new x51 i7 3770 also after use not even a week watching video news on yahoo news

Web. Half way the news video the screen "turn pink n hang". Called Dell support they ask to up date driver

296.xx n still same "pink n hang" screen. ( changed motherboard,graphic card n reformat system).All this done by Dell support Team. Still same problem. So i try up date from Nvidia latest driver 306.xx so far so good n few day system .

Still monitoring

• My new x51 i7 3770 also after use not even a week watching video news on yahoo news

Web. Half way the news video the screen "turn pink n hang". Called Dell support they ask to up date driver

296.xx n still same "pink n hang" screen. ( changed motherboard,graphic card n reformat system).All this done by Dell support Team. Still same problem. So i try up date from Nvidia latest driver 306.xx so far so good. Y not give a try if those new x51 system . Driver 296.xx suck. Cause me almost 2 month can't install any software in it.

( Replacement set more worse 'ON' not 10 min monitor turn black ( like sleep mode).

Dell support on site change motherboard 2X also same ( faulty board ).

Still monitoring

• My new x51 i7 3770 also same ' pink n hang ' .( online video news yahoo)

After try download from Nvidia driver 306.xx ver.

So far the problem no pop back again few few day

Still monitoring

System already changed motherboard, graphic card n reformat system by Dell tech Onsite.

296.xx graphic driver 'suck'. XXX