Re-install DVD on Alienware Aurora R-4

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Re-install DVD on Alienware Aurora R-4

• When i purchased my Aurora I was told it did not come with a re-install DVD but I could make one myself. I am at a loss on how to do that, in looking at the support website i get the idea it should have shipped with Dell Data Safe Local but I can't find in anywhere  on my computer. What am I missing? How do I do this ?  Any help would be great.

Alienware Aurora - R4

Intel Core i7-3930K (Six Core, 12MB) Overclocked up to 3.9Ghz

Single Card: 1.25GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

16GB Quad Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz

1TB SATA 6Gb/s (7200RPM) 32MB Cache

Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Thanks........... Compnut

• Definitely want to make sure that you have all backup and restore options available, as they may come in handy one day. Hopefully not, but never hurts to be prepared.

Before we begin, lets see what you DO have installed. Open your start menu, go under "all programs" and find any folder labeled Alienware, and let me know what you have program wise. Should have at least three of these folders with sub icons and folders.

Assuming you are not missing anything, then click Alienware Respawn. 

Then click on "Backup" and then "Create Recovery Media"

Then click to use Discs (you can use a different method if you wish)

From here is should be pretty simply to go with the program and setup the discs. 

Let me know if this works for you, or if you need further assistance. I would be happy to help where I can :)

You may also take a look here about the ordering of Discs

Husband/Father/Writer/Tech Guru/Broad Spectrum Gamer

"There is no problem that can't be fixed with the right tools and resources and proper motivation" -CCC

Alienware Respawn  Data Safe Local Backup  Alienware Command Center  Alien Autopsy  Dell Software Download Center

• Thanks for the help, I checked and under the start menu all programs I only have one folder labeled Alienware and in this folder I have one folder for Command Center and that's it, I did get these disks with the computer Window7, Aurora-R4 Resource DVD and Applications disk. I'm not sure what to do next, call Dell or maybe I can download these programs from them.

Alienware Aurora - R4

• Well, lets get you all setup and ready to go :)

First off, go here and download and setup alienware autopsy

support.dell.com/.../country_selector_map

"There is no problem that can't be fixed with the right tools and resources and proper motivation" -CCC

Alienware Respawn  Data Safe Local Backup  Alienware Command Center  Alien Autopsy  Dell Software Download Center

• As for Alien Respawn. http://alwchecker.alienrespawn.com/alwchecker-en.html 

Data Safe Local Backup: http://dslbchecker.datasafelocalbackup.com/dslchecker-en.html

• Well I tried to install Alienware Autopsy it gets to end of the install process and says  " the program has stopped working " I tried it several times and same thing each time. I then went to the links for Alienrespawn and Date safe, when I run the alwchecker I get " hard drive does not have the windows recovery environment "

Alienware Aurora - R4

• At this point, the best thing would be to use the discs that came with your system. it seems that we may need to reset a few things more than just an application install.

Now, I know that you stated that you were missing the DVD, which is why we were gong through all this anyways lol. Did you get any CDs/DVDs with your system, at all?

• yes, I received the Windows 7 disk, the Alienware Aurora-R4 Resource DVD rev: A00, the Dell Applications disk rev: A01 and the Sound Blaster software disk

Alienware Aurora - R4

• Not trying to hijack the thread but i have the exact same problem here with my R4.  Once I get Alienautopsy set up, i'm given the opportunity to download AlienRespawn since it does not exist on my computer.  The first step involves a check for requirements and the install fails with the notification that my system "does not have the

Windows Recovery Environment." and so i cannot proceed.  I do have a recovery partition on my drive.

• Typically this means that it cannot detect the recovery partition. I am not aware of any official method of fixing it, but you can try and open the recovery partition when you boot and hit F8 and typically get the option to repair windows.

Since your systems seem to be missing basic installed software, and not able to install it normally, I would recommend calling in to tech. This will give you someone who can immediately respond to concerns and give instruction while you are setting things up.

• I have found all these Dell apps to be flakey. If you didn't get a real Win7-64 disk from Dell/Alienware ... I suggest you call them, pay the $10-$15 (mine was free), and get one. If they won't supply one, call Microsoft and complain.

Also, when the machine is still new (when you first get it) backup Image the machine with something like Acronis. It will let you "bare metal restore" to machine back perfect later.

Alienware Aurora ~ Intel i7-930 ~ 12gb ram ~ AMD HD-5870
    256gb Samsung 830 SSD / 1tb HDD ~ LG Blu-Ray ~ USB 3.0 PCIe
    Dell 24" UltraSharp u2410 LCD ~ Dell 22" LCD

All my Dell Machines and Specs

Wiki-like Threads I've written and other Favorites

Posting Tips:
    - Always provide machine make, model, specs and software versions.
    - Click the button if we answered your question.

Registered Microsoft Partner
    & Apple Developer:

Gaming when I'm not programming.

I answer questions here, but
    I'm not a Dell employee.

• Acronis is a good idea and good method. Just make sure that you have a good image before you go, otherwise you will be backing up.

Definitely would recommend giving a call in, just as Tesla recommended. Give a call and request the discs. Assuming your current ones don't work :)

• Thanks for taking the time to help, I'll call Dell about getting a resource disk and in the mean time I think I'll give Acronis a try

Alienware Aurora - R4

• compnut

Thanks for taking the time to help, I'll call Dell about getting a resource disk and in the mean time I think I'll give Acronis a try

Not a Resourse Disk ... a Windows-7 Installation Disk.

Alienware Aurora ~ Intel i7-930 ~ 12gb ram ~ AMD HD-5870
    256gb Samsung 830 SSD / 1tb HDD ~ LG Blu-Ray ~ USB 3.0 PCIe
    Dell 24" UltraSharp u2410 LCD ~ Dell 22" LCD

All my Dell Machines and Specs

Wiki-like Threads I've written and other Favorites

Posting Tips:
    - Always provide machine make, model, specs and software versions.
    - Click the button if we answered your question.

Registered Microsoft Partner
    & Apple Developer:

Gaming when I'm not programming.

I answer questions here, but
    I'm not a Dell employee.

• I was supplied a Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit CD with my system.  I hope you're not suggesting a complete reinstall.