Fix for 2000fp Monitor Turning Off?

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Fix for 2000fp Monitor Turning Off?

• Hi,

My 4 year-old Dell 2000fp Monitor (on a Dell Dimension 8250 running Windows XP) has been continuing to turn itself off as if it were going into power save mode.  The LED stays green and when I move the mouse or the space bar the monitor does not wake up.  I have to shut off the power to the monitor and turn it back on to wake the monitor up.  It remains on for anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes.  Power Options are set to Never and Hibernation is disabled.  I tried the monitor on another computer with the same results. 

Has anyone tried fixing the monitor.  I checked out this site as recommended in another thread on this forum  http://www.lcdrepair.us/2000inverter.html  They sell replacement boards with instructions on how to do the repair.  My symptoms are described exactly and appear to be caused by a faulty inverter board.  I was wondering if anybody had tried this fix and if it is hard to do and safe to try.  Did it work?
    Thanks ahead of time.

RSB
  • That is a good site, I will bookmark it for future use.

Alienware Aurora R4: i7-3820, 8GB, 10TB of HDD, AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7800, Samsung 27" monitor

XPS 730x: i7 920,   Replaced with an Alienware Aurora R4

XPS 410: Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz (Q6600) , 6GB, EVGA 8800GTS 640MB,
    Single TV Tuner , X-Fi Xtreme Music, Logitec X530 Speakers

Latitude 10 Tablet

Inspiron 1720: T7500, 4GB, 120GBx5400, 120GBx7200, 8600GT, DVD+/-RW, Bluetooth,
    Windows 8.1