Cannot Display This Video Mode

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Cannot Display This Video Mode

• Can anyone help me?
    When my son tried to run his disney game a message appeared on the screnn saying "cannot display this video mode" Its frozen on there and I can't get rid of it. This is a Flat panel monitor. I hooked another monitor up to the computor and everything plays fine. Any idea's?
  • groov,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Lower the resolution while you have the other monitor hooked up and then re-connect the other monitor to see if that resolves your issue.

• Nope. Dell support "AMERICA", India flunked, tells me the game is changing the resolution causing this problem on the LED Flatscreen. Flat screed LED's it seems do not support gaming. Dell can't solve the problem.
  • What computer do you have ?  Dell Dimension  ( Dim 2400 or 3000 or 4700 )  what ?  How much ram, what kind of video card ?  What operating system do you have on the system.  Give use some spec's to help you. 

What settings do you have the monitor set at ?  My LCD is great for gaming and word projects so it might be something you over looked

Banchetto 101 Case-Less System

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6640/295gtx.jpg 

eVGA 780i Mobo

eVGA 295 GTX Video

8 Gb Corsair Memory

Thermaltake TRUE Black CPU Cooler

VelociRaptor 10,000 rpm HD

Windows 7 RC 7100

• Dell Dimension 3000 series, Windows XP OS with service pack 2, Pentium 4 processor (3GHz) with/HT Technology and 1MB cache. 256MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz. 15 in. E153FP Flat panel display. Integrated Intel Extreme Grapics 2. 80 GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA Hard Drive. Windows Media Player 10. Integrated audio. Power DVD software decoding for DVD drives. 48X CD-ROM and 48X Combo Drive.
    Dell support "America", I hung up on India, says that it is a problem with the game. Its a Disney game called "Search for the Secret Keys". Support says that the game is outdated for LCD monitors even though it says it will work with XP. Something about the game programing changes the resolution and the monitor can't handle it. The only way I could get the message off the screen was to hook up a CRT monitor and then do a system restore. I don't know it seems to me that these new LCD monitors would be built to handle any of the old technology out there as well as the new.
    Any idea's, and thanks for responding.