Access to the Dell Reseller Program - Small and Medium Business Network Forum - Small and Medium Business - Guide to Growth - Dell Community

Access to the Dell Reseller Program

Small and Medium Business - Guide to Growth

Small and Medium Business - Guide to Growth
Join us as we explore ways to grow your business with technology--brought to you by Dell and Microsoft

Access to the Dell Reseller Program

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hello Dell Community,

I am in the process of opening Powell Labs, the "one-stop-shop for all of your personal and professional technological needs". Right now, I am selling refurbished smart phones, tablets and computers. While that's doing great, I would like to be able to sell new Dell and AlienWare computers to my customers both in the retail location on in my secure online storefront.

I attempted to reach out to a Dell representative regarding this inquiry, and the representative told me that based on what I was applying for, I could not sell computers to anyone except my business IT customers. I am also not allowed to sell them online or in my store. When I asked what other options were out there, she never responded, and I got an email almost immediately denying me from the Reseller program.

So, here's my question: How can I go about purchasing computers directly from Dell (preferably at a wholesale rate) so that I may sell them in my storefront and in my online store. I know many of the big-box stores like Best Buy and Walmart have the option, and I can't imagine that a company with the reputation of Dell would not offer something to allow small businesses to compete, even if big-box stores can get bigger volume discounts.

Anyone with any information, thank you so much in advance!

All the best,

Tim Powell

Tim Powell - Founder & CEO Powell Labs, Creator of Ammonitrix, Co-Founder Lup, Co.

137 Robinhood Rd.

Fremont, MI 49412-9118

Find Powell Labs on: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Google Plus | Our Website
All Replies
  • Hi TPowell0201,

Give me a few days to research this and find some one that can help you.

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

Ideastorm member since 2007

#DellWorld2012, #DellWorld2015, #DellEMCWorld 2016,# DellEMCWorld2017
    If my answer was helpful, please click the YES Button. Thank You.

• Have you tried the website to see if you would be accepted? Click the drop down for the country you want to sell in.

http://www.dell.com/html/global/topics/partnerdirect/index.html

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

• Hi Teddi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, this is the form I filled out. Below was my communication

What else can I do? I love Dell products, and I really want to sell them in my store...

Thanks

Tim Powell

• Hi tpowell0201,

You will need to contact Dell Lorna. She is in our Customer care forum. Click this link and then on top right, click send a private message. Message her and explain what has happened.

I deleted the email you posted as there were names and that is against the TOU policy. You can share them with Lorna.

http://en.community.dell.com/members/dell_2d00_lorna-m

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

• Hi Tim,

Thanks for posting your inquiry on the Dell Community Forum  regarding participating in the Dell PartnerDirect program. This will advise I forwarded your concerns to our Partner Support team for review.

Thanks,
    Lorna

Social Media Support
    #IWork4Dell