New Customer, Tried to Buy Dell, Customer Service so Terrible, I Cancelled Order, Still Dont Have My Money Back - Small and Medium Business Network Forum - Small and Medium Business - Guide to Growth - Dell Community

New Customer, Tried to Buy Dell, Customer Service so Terrible, I Cancelled Order, Still Dont Have My Money Back

Small and Medium Business - Guide to Growth

Small and Medium Business - Guide to Growth
Join us as we explore ways to grow your business with technology--brought to you by Dell and Microsoft

New Customer, Tried to Buy Dell, Customer Service so Terrible, I Cancelled Order, Still Dont Have My Money Back

• 1st time Dell customer. I purchased a Studio XPS 9100 on Dec, 26 2010, paid in full on my credit card. ($1270.49)  Web says it will be delivered Jan 10, 2011, All is cool, im excited to get my PC. I check the status of my order online on Jan 05 (thinking they must be sending it soon) Order Canceled!! I call Dell, over 25 minutes later I get to talk to someone. They say my credit card wasn't approved, I remind them they pre authorized the whole amount on Dec 26th, the guy says, hold.....he comes back to say, sorry it was a computer glitch and I'll get my computer on Jan 20, 2011. So, I order and pay for a computer, Dell says Ill get it on a certain day, then they tell me sorry, we'll give it to you this later day, and that is ok? I call customer service and wait another 25 minutes on hold, express my concern, get transferred to  a supervisor (over 30 more minutes wait on hold) only to be told "We're sorry". I don't need empathy, i need a computer that i paid for on time! After dealing with the excellent customer support of Dell I decided to cancel my order. What would it be like if I had a problem with my computer? After reading all the posts on here, it would be terrible customer service just like I already received. Then after I'm told my order is canceled on Jan 05, on Jan 07 I get an email full of empathy and another order number. Now Dell still has my money tied up and is trying to charge me for a new order which I didn't place. I call, another 25+ minute time on hold and I get another cancellation #. As it stands right now, my $1270.49 is still tied up with Dell. I just want that cash back so I can buy a computer locally in my city. I will never buy a Dell product and will advise everyone I know of my terrible experience with this company. Tip, maybe provide customer support in Usa and Canada instead of India, where they couldn't care less about our issues.

• Hi terribleexperience,

Sorry you had problems with your computer order.  In answer to your questions, Yes, Dell can change the ship date of your computer.  The disclaimer on the ordering page states that the ESTIMATED Ship Date is just that, ESTIMATED.  Shipping dates can be changed by several factors; parts shortages, sales, and holidays.  In addition if the shipper is having problems due to weather or other circumstances, then the Estimated date will change.

As far as your credit card charges, Dell does not charge the customer's card until the item actually ships, so please check with your bank to see if the funds were actually removed. 

If I can be of further assistance, please contact me privately.  Thanks.

Regards,
    Robert

• "As far as your credit card charges, Dell does not charge the customer's card until the item actually ships, so please check with your bank to see if the funds were actually removed." - Robert

Must be a lot different in your part of the world Robert. My order process was as follows;

Order placed - 13/03/2011

Card charged - 13/03/2011

Fund removed - 15/03/2011

Shipped - 28/03/2011

Received - 29/03/2011

Invoice dated - 30/03/2011

Broke - 31/03/2011

Attempted repair - 1/04/2044

Attempted repair - 5/4/2011

Returned - 12/4/2011

Refund processed - 15/4/2011

Refund received - 29/4/2011

Very quick to take the money, slow to give it back.

• Maybe, what part of the world are you in?  I'm posting from the USA, Round Rock, Texas.  

Different countries have different procedures, which is why I asked the customer to contact me privately.

Thanks,

Robert

• THIS I BASICALLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME I PAY FOR A LAPTOP A INSPIRON  15 I PAID 276.19 WITH MY PAYPAL CARD IT WENT THROUGH 

TOOK THE MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT THEN THE NEXT DAY THE CANCELLED THE ORDER! I LOVE DELL.. I HATE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE

I WILL NEVER BUY DELL AGAIN. SO MY POINT IS THAT DELL CANCELLED MY ORDER BUT STILL HAS MY MONEY AND HASN'T REFUNDED IT YET

I WAS ON THE PHONE FOR  2 HOURS GETTING PUT TO DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS AND ON HOLD AND PLACED BACK TO THE MAIN MENU

I WANT TO EXPLODE I HATE THIS.. I'VE ALREADY PAID FOR SOMETHING THEY CANCEL IT AND KEEP MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S STEALING DELL I WILL FILE A DISPUTE WITH PAYPAL IF I DON'T HEAR FROM YOU.. PLEASE JUST GIVE ME MY MONEY OR THE LAPTOP WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS COMPANY.

• Hi, I have recently had even worst experience with Dell Laptop and its parent company. Bought 18 latest Dell Latitude 5510 laptops for my users. In the very first few weeks we found that 70% of these machines stop working without any log or visible reason. When requested for support, Dell support changed Hard Disks, RAMs, and even CPU for many of these machines over a period of time, but the problem remained. Months went by in the process and no solution. For sure there is some manufacturing defect that Dell has not been able to sort out.

Now despite 3 year on site warranty for these new machines, Dell is neither supporting nor it is replacing these machines. What a shame that I trusted and invested in Dell.

Simply suggest the DO NOT TRUST DELL machines and their support claims. Take any other brand and you will not be disappointed.

Cheers

• Hello ryanaguayo1225,

Usually you will have the money deposited back to the account in two to three weeks. With the flooding in some over seas countries, it is hard to get any hard drives right now. All computer manufacturer's are having this problem. That may be the reason your order was canceled. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on unresolved issues to see if they can help you get your money or PC any quicker.

Best of luck.

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

Ideastorm member since 2007

#DellWorld2012, #DellWorld2015, #DellEMCWorld 2016,# DellEMCWorld2017
    If my answer was helpful, please click the YES Button. Thank You.

• Hi  ryanaguayo1225,

We will send you a private message so that you can provide your order information.

We apologize for what has happened and will check into it for you.

Connie Bensen
    Dell | Global Online Community
    #iwork4Dell
  • Apparently this is par for the course. I tried to buy a computer online from Dell last week. They charged my card and then canceled my order without informing me. After wasting hours talking to customer service and fulfillment, I ultimately wound up with a phone number for a department "On Process Technology on Behalf of Dell"... whatever that means.  At any rate the number goes straight to voice mail and that does not call back. It's been a pretty shocking customer service experience. I can only imagine what the product support is like once a purchase is made. Geeze.

• Just to update, when I was trying to get Dell to release my funds they had on hold via my credit card. I got the constant run around, stuck on hold for at least 20-30 minutes at a time then to just get cut off and you have to do it all again. It was so hard to be polite though out this experience and at the end of the day, Dell told me I had to call my credit card company. I did and they informed me that Dell had the funds secured via the Pre-Authorize they did. I call Dell back and get the same story, it's my credit card company holding the funds. This was absolutely one of the most frustrating purchasing experiences I have ever had. When you are dropping money on a new computer it should be an exciting thing, but not with Dell.    

How do you get some service from this company?

I called the Better Business Bureau and gave them all the information and I got a call from Dell the next day and my money back the same day.

Report your bad experience to the Better Business Bureau and they will help you out.

• @guy313.

Hi Dave, I replied to you on your other thread in New to the Community.

en.community.dell.com/.../19439523.aspx

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

Ideastorm member since 2007

#DellWorld2012, #DellWorld2015, #DellEMCWorld 2016,# DellEMCWorld2017
    If my answer was helpful, please click the YES Button. Thank You.

• Sounds familiar. I will give the BBB a try.

• FOLLOW UP RECEIVE A REFUND WAAAAAAY LATER EVEN GOT NO RESPONSE APOLOGY OR FOLLOW UP BY THESE PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY WILL HELP RESOLVE THE PROBLEM! DELL I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER

MACHINE FROM YOU AGAIN UNTIL YOU MAKE THIS UP TO ME IS SOME WAY ILL GO WITH TOSHIBA!

• The fun continues via blog format. Laughs a minute if you follow this thread: en.community.dell.com/.../20064637.aspx

• Very quick to take the money and super slow to refund for sure. Im dealing with them now waiting for a refund. PC returned 2 days after recieving and they recieved it on 4/21/16  today is 6/2/16 and still money not refunded. Spoke with them today and they tell me it will be done in 24 hrs.   They say that everytine I call for status of refund.    LIARS!!!! What happened to DELL. They use to be decent now seems like crooks are running the ship.