Power Button works intermittently - New to the Community Forum - New to the Community - Dell Community

Power Button works intermittently

New to the Community

New to the Community
Having trouble deciding where to post? Get tips and recommendations here.

Power Button works intermittently

This question has been answered by shesagordie

Hi there,

First off, I apologize if I'm not posting in the right spot. I have a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series and the power button is failing on me with 38 days left in my 1 year limited warranty. Basically I have to press it really hard or from different angles, and it can take 5-10 minutes of playing with it to finally power up my laptop. I think this is a hardware problem and may need some connections sured up or possibly replace the button/switch. I'm trying to figure out my best course of action before my warranty expires.

Could I bring it into a Best Buy or Micro Center, or possibly fill out a warranty claim online (having trouble finding where to do that on the Dell site)?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Verified Answer
  • rywal

Hi there,

First off, I apologize if I'm not posting in the right spot. I have a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series and the power button is failing on me with 38 days left in my 1 year limited warranty. Basically I have to press it really hard or from different angles, and it can take 5-10 minutes of playing with it to finally power up my laptop. I think this is a hardware problem and may need some connections sured up or possibly replace the button/switch. I'm trying to figure out my best course of action before my warranty expires.

Could I bring it into a Best Buy or Micro Center, or possibly fill out a warranty claim online (having trouble finding where to do that on the Dell site)?

rywal

I doubt that, unless you purchased the laptop from BestBuy, if purchased from Dell, then it's best to contact Dell's Technical Support about any warranty claims.

Dell's Home Users Technical Support 1-800-624-9896

Please have your system's Service Code, Express Service Code, ready.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

All Replies
  • rywal

Hi there,

rywal

I doubt that, unless you purchased the laptop from BestBuy, if purchased from Dell, then it's best to contact Dell's Technical Support about any warranty claims.

Dell's Home Users Technical Support 1-800-624-9896

Please have your system's Service Code, Express Service Code, ready.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell