I don't understand why, but for no apparent reason (I don't think any food or something got stuck underneath the key) the "M" is very difficult to make it work, I gotta really want to press it for it to work. Is the only possible reason to this is food stuck under it or is there something else that could've possibly cause it?
Thanks for answering.
This looks more of a mechanical failure of the 'M' key. Turn off the computer and use a can of compressed air to clean around the 'M' key and then retest the keyboard. The Inspiron 7520 keyboard is a customer replaceable unit (CRU) so you could also try re-seating the keyboard but it may not really help as the problem is with one single key. But if you wish to try check these images and the manual to re-seat the keyboard.
1. Disconnect the adapter, battery and all attached devices from their electrical outlets.
2. Release the four latches securing the keyboard using a plastic scribe
3. Slide the keyboard up and turn it over
4. Open the keyboard cable securing clip and disconnect the keyboard cable (Note: When re-connecting the cable, ensure that the stripes are facing upward)
5. Open the keyboard back light cable securing clip and disconnect the back light cable.
6. Remove the keyboard
If re-seating the keyboard does not resolve the issue, the keyboard will have to be replaced.
Inspiron 7520 system manual: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins7520/en/om15R/om_en.pdf
Please reply with the results.
Thanks and RegardsSatya P#iworkfordellTo know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here. If a post answers your question, please click the green "Yes" button.
It seems like something was stuck underneath, because when I used the can of compressed air, the "M" key started to work well again.
Thanks for answering me.