Buying from Dell Outlet Scratch and Dent? - New to the Community Forum - New to the Community - Dell Community

Buying from Dell Outlet Scratch and Dent?

New to the Community

New to the Community
Having trouble deciding where to post? Get tips and recommendations here.

Buying from Dell Outlet Scratch and Dent?

• I just got a 17.3 inch 17R N7110 i5 6g ram 500hd for $519 .  It was listed as scratch and dent so I was a lil concerned about it's possible appearance, but for the $200 savings I took the risk. I was shocked to see that it was mint condition, had not one mark, spot, scratch, nothing, it looks and works like brand new!  I am recommending Dell Outlet to everyone I know and wanted to tell people who may be concerned........don't be, I'm not!  I have no ties with dell, but I am definately a customer who appreciates Dell Outlet!!  Scratch and Dent rules!

• An Olive Tree

I just got a 17.3 inch 17R N7110 i5 6g ram 500hd for $519 .  It was listed as scratch and dent so I was a lil concerned about it's possible appearance, but for the $200 savings I took the risk. I was shocked to see that it was mint condition, had not one mark, spot, scratch, nothing, it looks and works like brand new!  I am recommending Dell Outlet to everyone I know and wanted to tell people who may be concerned........don't be, I'm not!  I have no ties with dell, but I am definately a customer who appreciates Dell Outlet!!  Scratch and Dent rules!

Thanks Olive Tree!  Glad you were excited with your purchase, and thanks for taking the time to tell us!  I'll follow up with this to management.

Regards,
    Robert

ref 20982787

• Hi...

I ordered the following yesterday;

XPS L702x
    System Color - Silver Anodized Aluminum
    Intel Core i7-2670QM (2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz)
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz (2 DIMMs)
    750 GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
    Blu-ray Disc BD-Combo (Reads BD and Writes to DVD/CD)
    17.3in Full HD WLED AG (1920x1080) with 2.0 Mega Pixel Integrated Camera
    3GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M Graphics Card
    Internal DVB-T TV Tuner, No External Antenna
    Network Interface Card Wireless: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 (2x2 b/g/+ Bluetooth Combo Card)
    Battery : Primary 9-cell 90W/HR LI-ION

Currently £1,220 (reduced from £1,658) on the main Dell site, but I paid £780inc. via Dell Outlet. So about 35% off !!!

My bank stopped payment because of unusual account activity.  Dell were cool with this and after one phone call and an email the payment has been authorised.

I was aware that delivery in the UK from the outlet isnt as swift as I'd like - I'm probably looking at a 7-14 day window.

The machine is factory refurbished. If I'm not completely satisfied with it I'll send it back.  You are entitled to do this in the UK under The Distance Selling Act consumer law.

I'm hoping the laptop has an illuminated keyboard. I have one for my Dell desk top (which I bought from the regular Dell site), theyre great for typing in poor light.  The UK Outlet site doesnt say very much about specs, just the bare minimum, so time will tell.

So, finger's crossed, the laptop will arrive soon, all will be well, and I can enjoy my purchase.

I'll let you know how I get on.  I'll write a mini review of the whole experience at some point.

HTH,

Mark.

• hey, sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but as i was trying to decide about shopping at the dell online outlet store i found this thread, and thanks to a couple of other forum discussions on the subject of buying from the dell outlet online store, i thought i would post this here in case some future potential shopper were to find it.

i just hit the "order" button on 2 dell 17in laptops from the online outlet store, i will post as to what kind of customer service i get, and also time in receiving the laptops, as well as what condition i receive them in. so far i am really excited about the price, but also concerned because of the price. i also found a 30% coupon for certain laptops at the dell outlet store and was able to use the discount on both the laptops.

i am getting 2 laptops, one for me and one for my wife...  time will tell the tale. please do an awesome job for me dell. i'm in your corner pulling for you  :D

oh and hey Robert, if you have any juice over at the outlet store, it'd be awesome if you could baby sit my order a little bit....LOL.  thank you to everybody who has posted on this thread and other threads here on the dell groups forum. big help in helping me to decide to move forward with my order.

here is the details on the 2 laptops i purchased

Processor Processor: Intel Core 2nd generation i3-2350M Processor (2.3GHz,2C/4T, 3M Cache)
    Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
    Base Dell Outlet Inspiron 17R - N7110 Laptop
    Hard Disk Drive 1 TB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
    Memory 6 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz (2 DIMMs)
    Media Bay 8X DVD +/- RW Drive
    Video Integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 with up to 1.6 GB Dynamic Video Memory
    System Color Diamond Black
    Laptop Screen 17.3 inch High Definition (1600 x 900) LED Display with TrueLife
    Laptop Battery 6 Cell Primary Battery, 48W
    Network Interface Card Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030
    Web Camera Integrated Webcam
    Keyboard English keyboard
    Hardware Upgrade 65W AC Adapter
    125V Power Cord
    Software Upgrade Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Operating System DVD
    Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Service Pack 1
    Office Software Microsoft Office Starter – reduced functionality Word & Excel w/ads & no PowerPoint or Outlook
  • ordered the laptops last nite, and today i have 2 emails saying laptops are shipped. not showing the tracking number at fedex yet, but it says "shipped"

so far so good i hope

• ok, i ordered the 2 laptops from dell outlet, kind of a crazy process to figure out how to navigate their site, but once you learned it, it's not too big a deal. would really love it if they would post pictures of any scratches, etc with each thing, but it is what it is.

so, i ordered the 2 on the night of 10/31/12 and this morning 11/5/12 fedex dropped off both laptops, got them inside and unboxed them, both laptops had very minor "scuff" marks that could probably be buffed out if someone wanted to worry about such a thing. not me. first time you put it in a bag and go somewhere you'll probably get a scuff mark on the outer case, so for us no biggie.

booted both laptops up and went through the little bit of software that is installed, does not appear to be much bloatware on them, so major plus there.

as i am new to dell i will have to spend some time working on them to be able to tell how they hold up, etc. if anything crazy comes up i will come back and post those results. my wife has used dell laptops for her work for 5 or 6 years so she is familiar with them and according to her,,, her company has had no problems with the dells they have been using. i hope that trend continues with these 2.

thank you to dell for having this forum, and thank you to all who have posted their findings with dell outlet. so far we are VERY satisfied with dell outlet shopping and will do so again in the future as the need arises.