no sound on Latitude D630

New to the Community

New to the Community
Having trouble deciding where to post? Get tips and recommendations here.

no sound on Latitude D630

•   I have no sound. Under control panel, sound and audio devices properties. The first volume tab shows " No audio Device"    Also under devices.. sound and game controlers there are 5 or 6 properly operating drivers?  Yes I am new at this.   Thank You for any help

• twisteffect,

How did you get to this situation? Did you reinstall the operating system? If so, then...

The Desktop/Notebook Utility needs to be installed first(if applicable), then the chipset drivers. If they are NOT installed first, then the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

Idea Hint Idea When downloading the drivers, make a folder for each drivers and name it with the device it belongs with to make it easier to install them in the proper order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software(if applicable)
    Chipset or SMBus driver
    Processor Driver (if applicable)
    Video
    Audio (sound)
    Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
    Modem
    Network Card

QuickSet(Laptop only)

If not, then post back.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Thank You soo much for response first off.... Second everything took until I tried to install either of audio drivers,   Knowles Audio ...said during install: problem with windows installer package.   Sigmatel Audio intall... stopped and said: system does not support driver. I followed install order as told. All other drivers took.

• twisteffect,

What operating system do you hav installed?

Are you sure it's a Latitude D630 or a D630c?

Did you try installing the audio drivers on the Drivers disk?

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!