constant beeping

New to the Community

New to the Community
Having trouble deciding where to post? Get tips and recommendations here.

constant beeping

• Brand new to this community about two seconds ago because I am baffled by a beeping in the tower. My speakers are not on. This started when I was in Outlook, and maybe I inadvertently hit a wrong key. Never happened before in about seven years of owning my Dell. Turned everything off. Started up again, and the beeping began. Any thoughts? This is unnerving. And annoying. Thank you.

• Hard to know what is causing that.  Use the System Restore function and restore the PC back to a date when it didn't do that.  System restore will not delete any user data or e-mails, just a "step back" on the computer.  System Restore can be accessed from Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools.  Choose a restore date prior to this happening.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• thank you so much, fireberd. I appreciate having that kind of info, had no idea that was possible. The beeping stopped as mysteriously as it started. And I can also type normally again.  But next time (I hope not) I'll know what to try.  Thanks for responding so quickly.

• It sounds like you might have a problem with your keyboard. The beeping is internal on your computer and usually happens when a single key or several keys are being pressed at once or held down for a prolonged amount of time.