How can i make a recovery disk for my Inspiron 1545 laptop ...............???????

New to the Community

New to the Community
Having trouble deciding where to post? Get tips and recommendations here.

How can i make a recovery disk for my Inspiron 1545 laptop ...............???????

• Hi friends,

i have purchased a new Inspiron 1545 laptop 2 days before, having follwing configuration

*Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T6400 (2.00GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache)
    * Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic SP1
    * Bright, glossy widescreen 15.6 WLED display (1366x768)
    * 8X CD / DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
    * 2GB1 Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 800MHz
    * 250GB2 SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
    * Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD
    * High Definition Audio 2.0
    * Dell Wireless 1397 802.11g Half Mini-Card
    * 6-cell battery
    * Black Color
    * 1Yr Ltd Warranty and Mail-In Service

i have 2 drives C:(Size 217GB) and Recovery drive E:(Size 14.9 GB). so the recoveries filehas occupied 9.28 GB in E drive.

i want to know What is the purpose of the recovery file which has no proper setup file. so how can i use these......?????

How can i make a disk to store the recovery files for my further reference.......??????there is no such option to burn(Write CD/DVD) for it...........

can any body help me regarding this issue????

Thanks in advanced

Prasad 

• It's not meant to be burnt to CD.  This is how the Recovery drive is used:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/document?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&docid=3E48AE3870775D64E040A68F5B2877D4&journalid=4D5C655A86A9FF10E040A68F5A284AAE&Query=&SystemID=&ServiceTag=&contenttype=&os=&component=&lang=&doclang=&toggle=&dl=

However, if you buy directly from Dell US you're supposed to receive a full set of disks for your 1545 - Operating System, Drivers and Utilities, and disks for any applications that were included.   I can't speak for what you get from a retail store or from Dell in another country.

'Tis a poor carpenter that blames his tools.