Where is the "FN" key?

New to the Community

New to the Community
Having trouble deciding where to post? Get tips and recommendations here.

Where is the "FN" key?

• I have a Dell Dimension 9100 desktop with a wireless keyboard. I have never had a reason before now to use the "Print Screen" key. On the internet it says to use the "Print Screen" you need to press the "FN" key in conjunction with the "Print Screen". OK - but I don't seem to see anywhere on the keyboard the "FN" key. What am I missing - or is there a different keystroke combination to make the "Print Scree" key do its thing?

• Hi BigMack1, The FN ket is to the right of the space bar, between the ALT and CTRL. I have an Logitech keyboard ans mouse. To use the Print Screen, press it when you want to print it, Click Start> in the search type mspaint.exe, Double click on it, when that opens up, Click, Edit, click paste.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

• desktop keyboards normally do not have FN keys. It is normally found on  laptops

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003