sorry - but this is a vent! Nowhere else to go! Please help!
1. Dell Datasafe is installed on my machine
2. It constantly requests you to upgrade so that you can backup online.
3. So I did.
4. I was charged $35.99 & $49.00 on my credit card for two separate transactions - I assume the first payment was to take on the service and the second payment was to purchase 100 GB of online backup space.
5. When I ran the backup it would not backup all my files. I tried 8 times.
6. I contacted Dell - the person I was eventually spoke to had no idea what was wrong and I was put on hold for 25 minutes before I lost patience.
7. I called again and got though to a person who gave me the option of buying a Clickfree hard drive instead of the Datasafe and assuring me that I could get the refund on Datasafe.
8. It sounded a good deal (1TB for just over $100) so I completed that transaction.
9. I was then put through to someone to get a refund for the Dell Datasafe product I bought which did not work.
10. The poor guy repeatedly told me I could not get a refund (despite the fact that I had been told I could from another Dell employee). I asked for a supervisor. He consulted the supervisor and came back and repeated the same response "no refund is available'. This happened several times (including a comment that he was on the phone with someone else). Then, at my insistence, he put me through to the supervisor. But of course all I received was music.
11. I have now been on the phone for 1 hour 28 minutes listening to this music. This is obviously a tactic to pass off anyone with a grievance.
12. Can anyone help - in particular by providing (a) the coordinates of a dpartment that can resolve this issue, and (b) someone in HR who has responsibility for running the customer service department of Dell. The latter need to know how bad a customer feels after this treatment.
13. Unlucky 13. On the phone hanging on for Dell supervisor to contact me for 1 hour 35 minutes. Bttery on phone about to go! Patience expired! Click!
Hello! It really depends on where you are located as to your options. If you are in the US and Canada, you can contact your bank and request they chargeback the funds as you paid for a service that was not received. Or you can continue to contact Dell to get your refund that way. Generally however software purchases over the internet are not refundable (again very situation dependent as well as company dependent). As for the HR thing, Dell is well aware of Customer Complaints and hold times etc. You should be made aware that Dell probably doesn't hire or maintain a lot of their customer service reps, as they are farmed out to another company.
Sorry you are having difficulties with your Software order. I may be able to assist. Please contact me privately and I'll see what I can do. Thanks.
#iwork4DellWould you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
Robert, you seem to have disappeared & did not reply to my email responses. Please respond to my concerns urgently.
Sorry, but I haven't gotten any responses from you. I'll try sending you a Private Message and you can just reply to it. If you are responding to the email response sent out by the Forum, that is a "noreply" email, and I'll never get those. You will need to check your messages. Look up at the top of the page to the right of your name and you will see your Inbox. My message will be there.
I'm having the same problem!!! I tried backing up my system (after upgrading) everyday for two weeks and it never worked. I called Dell and the rep told me I should get a refund within three days and he would call me in four days to follow-up. No refund and no phone call. I called Dell again. This time the rep had me on the phone for about an hour. He said the refund would take a month to show up. It's been over a month and no refund and I cannot even access the account anymore so I know it's been cancelled. I don't want to keep calling over and over. Please can someone tell me what to do or who to call?????
Please contact me using the information in the above post, and I'll see what I can do. Thanks.