Forums

New to the Community

New to the Community
Having trouble deciding where to post? Get tips and recommendations here.

Dell Studio XPS 16 TV Tuner Software

• I have a Dell Studio 16 with a WinTV-NOVA-T model 18109 installed. The device is installed correctly. My issue is how to make the Tuner work.

Is ther any other software or TV viewer which in need to install. How do I tune intochannels?

Thanks

• Try reading this post,  http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19257807.aspx   .

You might need to use media center as the post suggests,as the driver and or tuner is not working in this model correctly?

E1705 T7400 2.16Ghz / Vista Home Premium SP2 / 17" LG WUXGA 1920 X 1200 / 4GB 667Mhz Geil Ram w/Heatspreaders / Western Digital Scorpio Black 500GB 7200RPM / 500GB 7200RPM My Book / Nvidia Geforce Go 7900GS 256MB / Toshiba DVD/CD+/-RW DL / Intel 4965 A/B/G/N / 355 Bluetooth 2.0+EDR / Pinnacle Pro HDTV USB Tuner / Pinnacle Ultimate HDTV USB Tuner / Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB / Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio Notebook / Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers / 2-NB-MA01 Notebook Coolers / 3D Mark06 5446 / Driver v.174.31 /

XPS M1730 Saphire Blue X9000 @ 3.2 / Vista Home Premium SP2 / 17" WUXGA 1920 x 1200 / Matshita BD\DVD Combo / 8GB 800Mhz Geil RAM / 500GB>200GB 7200RPM / 9800M GTX SLI / AGEIA PhysX Accelerator / Intel 4965 / 355 Bluetooth / 5700 Mobile Broadband / 3D Mark06 16250 /Driver 275.50 beta

XPS Gen 4 Desktop>being rebuilt

• I have a Studio Xps 16 notebook with the same tv tuner. Device Manager shows WinTV-Nova-T model 18109 but media center can't find any channels. I have spent hours on the phone with support while they tinker with settings etc but to no avail. I have had a tech come round and replace the tuner module as well.

I am supposdly running the latest driver. I even downloaded the manufacturers tv application (Wintv v6 and v7) but this says that no hardware is present in my computer.

Why has Dell let me pay an extra 150ish for this tv tuner, when its (as far as I know) not compatible with this system? There are forums all over the web where people are complaining about not picking up anything.

Even going to the Hauppage website, typing in the name of the tv tuner shows 0 results. It must have a different name in UK.

Can anyone please help me with this. I am on the verge of demanding my money back for this as it was not included in my system, nor was it an option on to customize on the website in New Zealand. A sales Representative got it for me.

Thanks

• Just I upgraded from Vista32 to W7 32 and I have the same problem. It seems that the driver is installed ok but media center detect no channels.

Hoodablah !!!! Please let me know if you found a solution !

• Hi liviuxx,

When I upgraded from vista 64 to Windows 7 64 it started working perfectly. Even with no update to driver. Something seems fishy to me, as if it was never compatible with vista in the first place. I spent countless hours trying to find some help on the situation to no avail so for it to start working from upgrading to Windows 7 was a relief but annoying at the same time.

What specs did you settle on for this laptop? Unfortunately I'm still not happy with my XPS16. A deeply flawed notebook that still does not live up to its price or fanfare. Am currently waiting to hear back about performance issues, getting a warning that my adapter is not determined and performance will degrade...and boy does it what. (This is my 2nd XPS16 as the first one I got was dead on arrival).

Best of luck