Help needed regarding connecting a PCI wireless card to a DELL OPTIPLEX 755

New to the Community

New to the Community
Having trouble deciding where to post? Get tips and recommendations here.

Help needed regarding connecting a PCI wireless card to a DELL OPTIPLEX 755

• Hello to all

I am new to the forum, i just purchased a PCI wireless card yesterday and i connected it to the pci slot of my Dell Optiplex 755 PC.

However after connecting and installing drivers on both OS 64 bits ( Windows XP and Vista), there was "PCI Simple Communication Controller" that

appeared in other devices. I installed the chip drivers from the dell forum using my "service tag" number, all went fine. But still i cant find the PCI

device appearing in device manager.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Ziad

• Hello,

If the device just appeared when you installed the new wireless card, it may be for the wireless card also.

Have you fully installed the new cards drivers? Have you gone the the card makers web site to look for updates?

Try Microsoft Windows update page, and use the "Custom" button, see if it shows any hardware updates.

Mis Dos Centavos,
    Darrell

Gadfly at large

Helping Dell Customers here since 1998
    Darrell's computer help and information web site
    My systems ...
    Dimension XPS D266 - Now retired
    Toshiba Tecra M1
    Dimension 4300 - Received DOA as a gift. Reinstalled XP and still working great
    Dimension 9150 - Pent D 3.2GHz, 4GB dual-channel 533 DDR2 Windows 7 Pro, Firefox 3.6.14
      Congrats to Jimmie Johnson #48 - FIVE time Nascar Sprint Cup Champ !!!!  

• Hi man

I thank you for a quick reply.

Well i just bought the card yesterday. Its linksys PCI Wireless Adapter Model WMP54G.

I also have a spare PCI wireless card, model PLANEX, which is working on my older PC.

I guess the problem comes with the PCI Simple Controller Port. I installed the CHIPSET Drivers from the DELL website. But the problem is still the same.

Can any1 help me? I badly need to set up an adhoc connection

Thanks