best gaming laptop for under $1000

Gaming

Gaming
An online group dedicated to connecting gamers of all levels -- especially levels you've beaten. Noobs welcome.

best gaming laptop for under $1000

• looking to buy laptop for gaming whats the best one to get for under a grand ?

• For dell i'm not really sure.. you would go over 1000 by a couple hundred bucks on the studio line.. I know Best Buy has an Asus with a dedicated graphics card for 999.99... other then that you would have to fork out more money..

• CORRECTION: I actually priced out a Studio 15 with 4 Gigs of ram, a Intel i5 processor and an ATI 4570? 1gig card for 989.. they are having some deals going on so I would get something along this line if you want to go with dell :-) You can pick different sized monitors and that will flux the price a bit. 

• thanks so much for your reply, it doesnt actually have to be a Dell laptop just a good gaming laptop for under a $1000.00 if you find anything good please let me know.. and also should i by 3rd party vendor or should i purchase online >?

• If you get it online just make sure to get it from the manufacture or like walmart, amazon, etc... someone reputable.. The only thing i've found so far is the Asus at Bestbuy or the Studio here at dell... i'll keep my eyes open :-)

• If you want a gaming system and have only $1,000 to spend, buy a desktop.  NOTHING at $1000 or under is going to be much of a gaming system - it  may play at reduced levels, but you won't be able to call it a gaming system.

• well as long as it can play games fluently without lag or ping or any other disturbance im alright with it.. so yeah ive been looking on the web here on dell.com and other places ive checked out alienware as well but those are a bit pricey

• Well Bram your answer is quite simple, Alienware. You get all that for $999.99 which is as you requested just under $1000.00

P.S. Maybe dont rat on people that are trying to help you.

SYSTEM COLOR Alienware M11x, Cosmic Black edit
    PROCESSOR Intel® Core™2 Duo SU7300 1.3GHz (3MB Cache) Overclockable to 1.73GHz edit
    OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English edit
    WARRANTY AND SERVICE 1 Year Basic Plan edit
    In-Home Service after Remote Diagnosis: *Remote Diagnosis is determination by online/phone technician of cause of issue; may involve customer access to inside of system and multiple or extended sessions. If issue is covered by Limited Hardware Warranty and not resolved remotely, technician and/or part will be dispatched, usually in 1 or 2 business days following completion of Remote Diagnosis.  Dell sells In-Home Service provided by the following: Dell In-Home Service provided by Dell Marketing L.P.; BancTec In-Home Service provided by BancTec Third Party Maintenance, Inc.; and QualxServ In-Home Service provided by QualxServ LLC.  Third parties may be used to deliver the in-home service.  Availability varies. Other conditions apply. For complete details about In-Home Service, visit www.dell.com/servicecontracts
    MEMORY 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 800MHz edit
    HARD DRIVE 250GB SATAII 7,200RPM edit
    MOBILE BROADBAND No Internal WWAN Antenna Installed edit
    Personalize
    ALIENFX COLOR Quasar Blue edit
    WALLPAPER Alienhead 3D edit
    PRE-INSTALLED GAMES Steam and Portal™ Factory Installed edit
    My Accessories
    ALSO INCLUDED WITH YOUR SYSTEM
    VIDEO CARD 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 335M  
    LCD PANEL 11.6-inch WideHD 1366x768 (720p) WLED  
    SOUND OPTIONS Internal High-Definition Surround Sound Audio (5.1)  
    WIRELESS CARDS Alienware M11x a/b/g/n 2x2 MIMO Wireless  
    Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader  
    NETWORK CARD Integrated 10/100 Network Interface Card  
    AUTOMATIC UPDATES Automatic Updates: On  
    WEBCAM 1.3MP Web Cam  
    Standard Nameplate Trigger Standard Nameplate

• thanks alot andrew but as you know its all in good fun ;) and yeah i like the alienware m11x except for the screen which is soo small and maybe the number pad would bug me but everything else about it is fantastic, i just wanna know if theres like a studio or maybe an insipron that can do close to the same job as an alienware. and again for under a grand would be nice

• except for the fact that that lap top isnt shipped to canada

• Here's a list of reviews for some of the best gaming laptops for 2011:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-Gaming-Laptop

http://www.gamingreviewguide.com/gaming-laptops-2011/

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/computers/ces-2011-new-gaming-laptops-galore-from-acer-asus-msi-toshiba/4809

I personally like the ASUS G73SW-A1 which is a pretty good value at about 1700  bucks. 

• Well instead of me creating a new post...Could someone perhaps suggest a good gaming desktop for around 1000 or less?

I am not terribly comp savy, I just need it to run Microsoft office and play World of Warcraft effectively....

• You can find info about alienware m18x  Cool gaming laptop

• I'M SORRY DELL,

BUT I WOULD PREFER U THE LENOVO IDEAPAD Y580

IT IS CHEAP AND IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!

• NO you are wrong in a big way .............have you forgot about the "Alienware-14 " under $1000.00 went dell puts it back on sales !!!  its just was under $1000.00 .