PCI video card upgrade for Dell Dimension 3000

Gaming

Gaming
An online group dedicated to connecting gamers of all levels -- especially levels you've beaten. Noobs welcome.

PCI video card upgrade for Dell Dimension 3000

• Sure hope some of you gamer's out there can help me.

I have a Dell Dimesion 3000, spec's are;

Ram 1.25gb

500gb HD

2.8gb   Pent. 4 processor

Dell 15" flat monitor

250 watt power supply

PCI slots (only)

DDR2

Could any of you tell me the names of a few of the best video/graphics cards I can upgarde to???

Would like to do some gaming on this old machine, and I don't expect that I can play todays new video games. However the on board video card is terrible!  

If I've missed something you need please let me know.

Thanks for the help

Dave

• Hi, Because of your PCI type slot on your mobo for your graphics card, your going to be limited to what card you can have. But what about this one HERE. There are other card HERE, your system can take an card needing 300w PSU.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

• How have you got DDR2 in your Computer when there is only DDR in mine?

Use this to check: http://www.orcalogic.co.uk/asp/OrcaMemoryScanner.asp (Download the tool & check)

Otherwise its because you have changed the Motherboard and its not a Dell Dimension 3000 any more.

My PC is a Dell Dimension 3000 so I know what my specifications are but I don't think yours is what you say it is!

• I think the post from the user who thought they had DDR2 was due to them reading the BIOS setup information wrong. In my BIOS is show 512MB of DDR, and below that a channel configuration of DUAL. So they probably thought that the DUAL meant DDR2. I don't think it does, but it might actually mean that.

• This would be the most powerful GPU you can get in a PCI configuration.
    May Require Upgraded Power Supply

ZOTAC ZT-40605-10L GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 512MB 64-bit DDR3 PCI HDCP Ready Video Card

This one would be the next step down.

ZOTAC ZT-50610-10L GeForce GT 520 (Fermi) 512MB 64-bit DDR3 PCI HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

Best easiest to find card will be PCI 2.2  32 bit 33mhz Geforce 8400 card.

Sparkle GeForce 8400GS 256 MB DDR3 PCI with ...

Latest available card would be Geforce 520 PCI from Zotac

ZOTAC ZT-50610-10L GeForce GT 520 (Fermi) 512MB 64-bit DDR3 PCI

Zotac Offering GeForce GT 520 for Classic PCI Slots

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here:

Dell - Unresolved Customer Service Issues

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.