STOP 0x00000116 : VIDEO_TDR_ERROR while playing World of Warcraft???

Gaming

Gaming
An online group dedicated to connecting gamers of all levels -- especially levels you've beaten. Noobs welcome.

STOP 0x00000116 : VIDEO_TDR_ERROR while playing World of Warcraft???

• Hello, i own a Vista computer and i have been getting this Error with my computer STOP: 0x00000116 and i have been researching to see how to fix it. I have not found any solutions and i need someone's help to fix this. I get the error code when i play the game World of Warcraft.  My system is clean from viruses and all my drivers seem to be up to date as well as my Windows updating tool. Please help me if you can if not its fine to thanks and Happy Hoildays.

• Install the June 2010 directx PATCH.

Then run the game in directx 9 mode.

STOP: 0X00000116 (0XFFFFFA8006B77230.0XFFFFF880046C6814.0X0000000000000000.0X0000000000000002)____ATIKMDAG.SYS -
    Address FFFFF880046C6814 base at FFFFF880046B4000. DateStamp 4a4405b3

BCCode : 116    0x00000116

The VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000116.
    This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000116

Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further
    assistance.

There are some registry keys that can be used to control the behavior of TDR and may be useful for additional testing and troubleshooting. These keys are all in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers. These keys/values may need to be created if they are not there, but if they are missing then they are using the default value.

The first key determines whether TDR is enabled or disabled and what it actually does when it detects a timeout:

Value Name TdrLevel
    Type REG_DWORD
    Possible Values 0 - Detection is Disabled
    1 - Bug Check on Timeout
    3 - Recover on Timeout (default)

This value may be useful to disable TDR

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.