Hey,

I've had my Dell Dimension E520 for 3ish years and i need to upgrade my graphics card. I've spent a long while surfing around the internet and it seems that people recommend the GeForce 9500GT and the RadeonHD 4670. Unfortunately i struggle to understand computer hardware and people are talking about watts and PSUs which confuses me.

These are what i believe to be my system specs, as the only things that i've upgraded on my standard E520 is the RAM (1GB to 3GB) and HDD (160GB to 320GB). I used CUP-Z to find out this information. You can see the full report here.

Processor = Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 2CPU @ 1.86GHz

Motherboard = Dell 0WG864

Memory = DDR2 3GB

Graphics = X1300/X1550 Series PCI-E x16 ver 1.0

Can someone give me a dummies answer to what graphics cards will give me a noticable increase in performance without having to change anything else to do with the computer (Just plug in and play, i hope). Possibly with prices and a general rating?

Sorry if im being too demanding, im just really unsure about all this and don't want to waste my money on something that's not compatible.

Thanks for looking.

Will Herbert.

PS: This is the E520 documentation. http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dime520/en/SM_EN/specs.htm#wp1052310