Receiving ialmrnt5 Error Messages

Gaming

Gaming
An online group dedicated to connecting gamers of all levels -- especially levels you've beaten. Noobs welcome.

Receiving ialmrnt5 Error Messages

• I received this computer (Dell Dimension 310) on August 30 and set it up right away.  I installed the Sims 2 and also Sims 2 Open for Business Expansion Pack.  These are the following error messages I had the pleasure of seeing:

Windows - Display Driver Stopped Responding

The ialmrnt5 display driver stopped working normally.  Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality.  The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft. 

Also:

Sims 2 Open for Business

The graphics adapter in this system experienced an internal error.  Please contact your graphics adapter manufacturer for technical support.  The application will now terminate.

And finally a blue screen with the following:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: ialmrnt5

If this is the first time you’ve seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer.  If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop.  This usually indicates problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.

Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x000000EA (0X85DA4998, 0X864D5508, 0XF7A01CBC, 0X00000001)

ialmrnt5

Beginning dump of physical memory

Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your further system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

Can someone please tell me what to do about this, I really want to play this game.  I called Dell multiple times and I ended up reinstalling my computer which didn't help at all.  I have gone to the websites for downloading drivers, but am unsure which ones to download.  I know that it has to correlate with my chipset family, etc., but there are still multiple options and I'm confused.  Somebody please help me!!!!

• Here's the information about my computer.  Let me know if you need to know anything else.

·          Dimension E310 Series, Intel Pentium 4 Processor 524 (3.06GHz) and 1MB cache

·          1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz

·          Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelator 900

·          80GB SATA II Hard Drive (7200RPM)

·          Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition,Service Pack 2,English

·          Integrated NIC card

·          48X CD-RW/DVD Combination Drive

·          Windows Vista Capable

• What driver version do you have installed for your graphics?  you should look into updating it to the latest posted to Dell's site.
  • If your system was running correctly before you installed your games, I would say that your system will not play these games without either a driver upgrade or placing a stand alone graphics card in your system.

It is to bad that most consumers that purchase Dell introduction low end systems do not check here or other places on the web to educate themselves on PC gaming and the hardware needed to do so.
  • .."It is to bad that most consumers that purchase Dell introduction low end systems do not check here or other places on the web to educate themselves on PC gaming and the hardware needed to do so."..

Man, ain't that the truth...

Cosmos S case, Evga 750i FTW Motherboard, PCP&C 860W Power Supply, E8400 OC'd to 3.9 GHz, Zalman 9700 CPU cooler, Dual Evga 260-216 SC, 4 GB RAM, 260 GB HD, Dell U2410 IPS monitor, Windows XP/SP3.

• This is the driver (I think) that I have installed: 82915G/910GL Express Chipset Family.  I apologize to anyone whom I have offended by posting this question.  I don't know much about computers and I thought that every computer would be capable of playing every game.  That's why I didn't do "research" ahead of time or look on this forum before I purchased it.  Again I'm sorry for being naive.
  • Don't worry about posting questions, that's what we're all here for.. to help...

The Sims is a game that should run on the 915G without too much of a problem.  I'd go to the downloads section and make sure you have the latest Dell validated driver.  Check that out and see if it resolves the problem.