Forums

Gaming

Gaming
An online group dedicated to connecting gamers of all levels -- especially levels you've beaten. Noobs welcome.

Will my computer play the sims 3?

• i have a dell vostro 1500(from 2007) i've tried two sites to see if my computer can play the game, one of which said i could and one said i cant. i'm confused as to which is right.

my computer runs on an:

intel core 2 duo processor       T7250    2.00GHz

2.00GB RAM

nVidia GeForce 8600M GT

can i run the sims 3 from this? 

• Your system is fairly new so you shouldn't have a problem.  I hear that the Sims 3 is a very compatible game.  You may not be able to get all the graphics on high though.

• Here are the system requirements for Sims 3

Desktop PC (Windows XP + SP2): CPU: 2ghz Pentium4 Processor or Amd Athlon 2000+ Processor RAM: 1 GB of RAM GPU: 128mb Video Card (GeForce FX 5900 or Radeon 9500)

Desktop PC (Windows Vista + SP1): CPU: 2ghz Pentium4 Processor or Amd Athlon 2400+ Processor RAM: 1.5 GB of RAM GPU: 128mb Video Card (GeForce FX 5900 or Radeon 9500)

Looks like you can play it when compared to your sys specs. Out of curiosity, why did that one place say you couldn't play?

• you should be able to run it, although on my laptop it uses about 2 and a half gig of ram.

• i cant really remember what it said, just half the things on the checklist said my computer couldnt run it. then on the canirunit website it said all of my specs could play the game. is there anyway that i can increase my 2ghz up to 2.4ghz?

• The CPU is not an issue.   You have a Core 2 Duo; the Sims 3 minimum 2.0Ghz spec is for a Pentium 4.   Anything Core 2, no matter what the clock speed, will outperform a Pentium  because it's designed completely differently.

Benchmark results below to give you some idea of the performance difference.     The 2.0Ghz T7250 score is 3 times that of a 2.4Ghz Pentium 4.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/common_cpus.html

'Tis a poor carpenter that blames his tools.