Halo 2 PC for windows Vista!!!

Gaming

Gaming
An online group dedicated to connecting gamers of all levels -- especially levels you've beaten. Noobs welcome.

Halo 2 PC for windows Vista!!!

• Hey yall,

Have you heard the big news, bungee to produce  Halo 2 only for windows vista.  I am a bit up set about that, why not XP too?

XPS 410
    Pentium C2D E6700 2.66
    2 GB @ 667mzh (2 dimms)
    Dual 80GB Raptors @ 10,000 RPM in RAID 0 (silenced)
    320GB hdd
    160GB hdd
    NVIDIA 7900GS Zalman VF-900cu
    ATI TV Wonder 650 HD
    Diamond 24-bit 7.1 surround, w/ dolby digital live
    2407 & 2001 monitors
    logitech G7 mouse, G15 keyboard

----------------------------------"GAME ON"-------------------------------
  • its because the whole DX issue halo 2 is supposed to be DX9 but the feautures it offers is mainly called DX 9.2 wich is just a load of . but also microsoft said that you only can make halo 2 for the PC if you make it vista only. What i think is microsoft knew that vista would have problems so they hope Halo 2 will boost sales

and actually halo 2 for the PC is kinda old news, the info was released in 2005

• DeathJr wrote:
    its because the whole DX issue halo 2 is supposed to be DX9 but the feautures it offers is mainly called DX 9.2 wich is just a load of . but also microsoft said that you only can make halo 2 for the PC if you make it vista only. What i think is microsoft knew that vista would have problems so they hope Halo 2 will boost sales

and actually halo 2 for the PC is kinda old news, the info was released in 2005

so halo 2 won't support dx 10?

• they are saying yes but i dont know Crysis is supposed to be the first and halo 2 is supposed to come out befor crysis ... so i say mayby
  • when is the release date for halo 2?
  • expecting it to be in may or june
  • thanks, i guess I will be getting vista sooner than I expected, a smart ploy by microsoft.

XPS 410
    Pentium C2D E6700 2.66
    2 GB @ 667mzh (2 dimms)
    Dual 80GB Raptors @ 10,000 RPM in RAID 0 (silenced)
    320GB hdd
    160GB hdd
    NVIDIA 7900GS Zalman VF-900cu
    ATI TV Wonder 650 HD
    Diamond 24-bit 7.1 surround, w/ dolby digital live
    2407 & 2001 monitors
    logitech G7 mouse, G15 keyboard

----------------------------------"GAME ON"-------------------------------
  • It's just a cheesy ploy by Microsoft. Unless they completely overhaul the game, it's a three year old Direct X 8 game that obviously doesn't remotely require Direct X 10.

I don't know how much traction they're going to get by trying to hold out a three year old game that most PC gamers didn't care about three years ago though.
  • well I will want to play it, so at least they will get me to buy into it.  Are you for certain they are not going to use DX 10 shaders?