Dell XPS 700 case question

Gaming

Gaming
An online group dedicated to connecting gamers of all levels -- especially levels you've beaten. Noobs welcome.

Dell XPS 700 case question

• I know this probably sounds like a complete noob question, but I just would like to know how to remove the side panel on this computer? lol..I dont want to fiddle around and possibly break something, could anyone let me know how? I want to air dust it out every so often so I dont get build up..

I've only had this system for a about a month, and havent needed to clean it out yet, but for future reference soon..thanks guys.
  • To remove the side panal on the XPS 700 "located on the right side", pull the latch on the top. Then just open it up. For more information on taking your side panel off you can view your manual here. For more information on putting your side panel back on you can view your manual here.

Good luck :smileyhappy:
  • Oh...I was unaware dell even had a manual on it..lol

Yeah sorry im a bit of a dolt, thanks for answering so quickly =)
  • k edit...wow, I didnt realise how flippin easy that was..

*is a noob*
  • :smileyhappy:Glad to have helped.

PS: Don't worry about people thinking you're a noob. We all gotta start somewhere.:smileywink:

Message Edited by xpsruler on 11-18-200607:10 PM

• xpsruler wrote:
    :smileyhappy:Glad to have helped.

PS: Don't worry about people thinking you're a noob. We all gotta start somewhere.:smileywink:

Message Edited by xpsruler on 11-18-200607:10 PM

I started on fish flakes and moved up to brine shrimp.

mmmmmmm shriiiimp.
  • Well that's kinda backwards there fish. I feed my baby fish on baby brine shrimp and feed the adults fish flakes. haha

• Bigd06 wrote:
    I know this probably sounds like a complete noob question, but I just would like to know how to remove the side panel on this computer? lol..I dont want to fiddle around and possibly break something, could anyone let me know how? I want to air dust it out every so often so I dont get build up..

I've only had this system for a about a month, and havent needed to clean it out yet, but for future reference soon..thanks guys.

In addition to others comments here...are you also saying you didn't receive a printed User Manual with your XPS 700 (which shows you how to open the case among a plethora of other info for your XPS 700)  ??

Cosmos S case, Evga 750i FTW Motherboard, PCP&C 860W Power Supply, E8400 OC'd to 3.9 GHz, Zalman 9700 CPU cooler, Dual Evga 260-216 SC, 4 GB RAM, 260 GB HD, Dell U2410 IPS monitor, Windows XP/SP3.

• I bet he didn't. I know when I bought my xps 400 I sure didn't get one. That's why it's helpful to know where you can find the electronic manual. XPS manuals can be found here.
  • I find it hard to believe Dell no longer provides a printed user manual with a new system purchase. Heck, you still get one with just about any hardware product I can think of. If it's true, whomever came up with that so-called cost savings idea must own stock in Dell's offshore (foreign) support providers..

Cosmos S case, Evga 750i FTW Motherboard, PCP&C 860W Power Supply, E8400 OC'd to 3.9 GHz, Zalman 9700 CPU cooler, Dual Evga 260-216 SC, 4 GB RAM, 260 GB HD, Dell U2410 IPS monitor, Windows XP/SP3.

• LOL:smileytongue: You're probably right.
  • I will be completely honest...I didnt even look at the manual...hadn't thought about it..
    it was a long day..had just finished a 14 hour shift, came home and though...hey..my computer should be cleaned soon..lol...yeah i'm odd...
  • LOLz yea....

Sometimes i pull 14+ hour shifts and when i get home, there's only 1 thing i think about... and that's how nice my bed feels ;)

definately not "how dirty is the inside of my computer"

I get home, strip down jump in bed, then in 10hours when i wake up i worry about "how dirty is the inside of my computer"

hehe
  • As I previously mentioned..I am an odd one..I do things that normal people dont..like...work a long day..then think about cleaning there computer..

Here's something for a good laugh for you guys...when I first got this comp, I hooked it up, did everything good, but couldnt figure out how to turn it on!!

Yeah, so I called dell tech support to ask how to turn my pc on...haha, seriously though, if you've ever seen one, you'd know why, the power button, doesnt even look like ones, its like..hidden...and weird..not to mention I couldnt figure how to open the drivers..but after 30 mins, figured that out.

I was to used to my old p.o.s p4 2.8, 1gb ram, fx 5200 comp..lol
  • bahahahahahah

if you have to call dell tech support to figure out how to turn on your PC you should really re-think the whole keeping it thing ;)