Gamefly Client Process starts but it never opens, Help!

Gaming

Gaming
An online group dedicated to connecting gamers of all levels -- especially levels you've beaten. Noobs welcome.

Gamefly Client Process starts but it never opens, Help!

• I recently installed the Gamefly client  so I could get more out of my gamefly membership however the client will not launch on my computer. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. I've turned off the windows firewall, I don't have an anti virus program, I've updated Adobe AIR, Microsoft Silverlight, all the available windows updates, Internet explorer 9 and the .Net framework. I've reset my computer multiple times, all my drivers are up to date as far as I know.

When I install the application the process will open, I can see it in the task manager but the client never opens. In the start menu there's a gamefly folder but no shortcut there. I've tried running it in compatability mode for windows XP SP2 and others, I've tried running it as administrator. It just never opens.

I've tried different Wireless networks and have also tried using a network cable instead of wireless.

When I uninstall the client the uninstall tool doesn't remove all Gamefly files either, there's some that I have to manually remove.

Please don't tell me to just contact gamefly support, I've been talking to them and they're virtually useless. All they had to say was it's my computer blocking it not a problem with their client even though there's other people having this same issue with no answers.

It was suggested that I come to this forum, I apologize if this isn't the correct outlet

I'm running Windows Vista 64 SP2

Thank you in advance for any help if you need additional information I'll provide whatever I can

• This is not a dell issue.

64 bit windows will refuse to allow unsigned drivers to install or run.

Windows device installation uses digital signatures to verify the integrity of driver packages and to verify the identity of the publishers of the driver packages.
    In addition, the kernel-mode code signing policy for 64-bit versions of Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista specifies that a kernel-mode driver must be signed in order for the driver to load.

This can cause problems where an application or driver has not been signed and you wish to use it with Microsoft Windows Vista x64.

Open and Adminstrative Command Prompt.

Get Vista to boot in test mode always with the command:

bcdedit.exe /store C:\Boot\BCD /set testsigning yes

After you enter that command, you MUST reboot Vista.

Note: Once Test Mode is enabled, you will get the Windows Version as well as "Test Mode" displayed over the background image.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here:

Dell - Unresolved Customer Service Issues

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.