TV speakers not working 10 years later - Home Entertainment (Read Only) - Digital Entertainment - Dell Community

TV speakers not working 10 years later

Digital Entertainment

Digital Entertainment
A space to talk about music, movies and other entertaining diversions.

TV speakers not working 10 years later

• I bought my Dell 32" LCD TV in early 2006.  It is now December 2015, almost 10 years later.  The speakers just started acting up and quitting on me now.  So unlike the many others that seemed to have the problem 18 to 24 months after purchase, the same problem did not happen to me until almost 10 years of age for the TV.  Picture is still great.  I will try using the audio out RCA jacks if I can find some speakers with RCA jacks on them.  This is not the same skinny pin jack that computer speakers have, that will not fit into or work in those ports.  I'm sure there is some sort of adapter.  But being the TV is 10 years old and was $1600 when I bought it, and new 32" TV's are in the $200 range, may just be time to upgrade.  A Samsung UHD Smart TV is sounding like a good idea.  But a small one.  This is just a den TV and I do not want anything over 40". As for many others that say they have not gotten responses from Dell, or that they spent $X over the years, or they will never buy a Dell again, you are entitled to your opinions.  If you do play your TV with excessively loud volume, you could wear out that amplifier board faster.  If you vacuum your carpet when the TV is running, charged dust particles can destroy anything electronic.  Keep that in mind for your computers that actually have fans and *** the charged dust particles in.  And overall, some people just do not take care of things the same way.  Moisture, dirt, dogs, aggressive football friends, bouncing equipment around, moving, sunlight, high and low temperature, any one of those can destroy electronic equipment.  Dell is a fantastic company that offers great products.  Yes, I would not buy an Inspiron computer.  Cheap Chinese boards are not what I want.  I have always gotten the Dimension line, and now the XPS. This 32" TV, and the larger 37" seemed to have their problems.  They may have been rushed onto the market.  A component could easily have had a defective batch.  I thought it was worthy to note that it took me 9-3/4 years to encounter the same problem many others encountered after 18 months.

• You scared me a little bit with your "adventure". I was considering a purchase but now I will think this through.

• Good to know beforehand that such a problem exists.