I'm using a Dell Inspiron 620s running Windows 7 Home Premium and a Vizio 42" LED (LCD HD) television.

Using the directions provided by Vizio, I connected the HDMI cable to the television and computer and then turned the devices on. Every configuration of first/second possible resulted in the same error - my Dell monitor not reading a signal and my Vizio television with the ugly "Turn off computer, input VGA cable into add on graphics card, restart."

I've tried connecting the HDMI cable after the devices are powered on but I only get a 'No Signal' message from the television while the computer is completely normal. I've tried setting the screen as both 'Extended' and 'Projector Only'.

At this point, I'm just frustrated. If you can help, I would be so appreciative. If not, thank you for your time!

Related information:
I have been able to plug-and-play with the RGB input on my television.
I have checked to make sure my 'Monitor' and 'Display adapters' drivers are up-to-date.
I'm not picking up the television (I don't know if I should be?) in my Display settings where it tells me available displays.
Picking up audio would be a plus, but I'm not terribly picky.