banana speaker wire size - Home Entertainment (Read Only) - Digital Entertainment - Dell Community

banana speaker wire size

Digital Entertainment

Digital Entertainment
A space to talk about music, movies and other entertaining diversions.

banana speaker wire size

• I have a 37 in LCD TV made by Dell. One speaker was bad so my son took the wire of good speaker and switched and then the good speaker was bad. He then took the good speaker Banana plug wire and took the wire and cut it in two and put the bare wires in TV like old speaker wires. I want to replace this with good wire but I don't know what size it  is as the book only states standard speaker wire.

• Take the cable you like into Best Buy and look for something similar.

my Dells:
    Optiplex 3020 - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit / Linux Mint
    Optiplex 3020 - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Precision M6300 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3

• my son did take it to Best Buy and they said check with manufacturer as they have nothing like that

• Without seeing a GOOD photo of what you are talking about, there is not much anyone can do at this point.

By the way, the speakers on my TV are internal, and I have no way to access them. You really need to more clear in your descriptions, because I really don't understand what your son did and what you have.

my Dells:

• okay, the TV is 37 in  and has a speaker attached to each side.  The wire splits and has a red male connector and a black male connector which they call banana connectors. The other end of the wire plugs into the back with the same type of banana connectors.  The other speaker on the other side of the LCD TV has identical type of connectors and also plugs into the back of the TV somewhere in the middle of the back of the TV

Trouble shooting by the cable guy found the right side of TV speaker had a bad static in it. He switched the wire to the other side and then the left side had the static and he put the left side good wire in the right side and now the left speaker had static.

My son took the good connection wire and cut it in two pieces leaving bare wire on each piece. He twisted the bare wire and stuck it in the plug hole. It now has good sound but in time the bare wire will oxidate. That is why I am trying to find out where I can get identical wires with the connectors already on them so I myself can attach them. [  I]

• Personally I wouldn't worry about the bare wire oxidating that quickly, but you can buy what you want at Radio Shack

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062648

my Dells:

• I have the same problem with what seems to be the same model tv. I went to radio shack and they do not have the correct size banana plug ( they are too large). I have checked online and cannot find them anywhere. Dell must have used a plug exclusively for their manufacturing.