Cyberlink problems - Home Entertainment (Read Only) - Digital Entertainment - Dell Community

Cyberlink problems

Digital Entertainment

Digital Entertainment
A space to talk about music, movies and other entertaining diversions.

Cyberlink problems

• I purchased an XPS 9000 several months ago with a blu-ray drive and Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 on it. The PowerDVD 8 functionality was pretty minimal, so I decided to upgrade to PowerDVD 10 last week.

I installed PowerDVD 10 Deluxe. The installation deleted my existing PowerDVD 8.And it turns out PowerDVD 10 Deluxe does not support Blu-ray.

(Don't you think PowerDVD 10 install might have noticed that it was being installed onto a system with a blu-ray drive and warned me that it was deleting the only way to play blu-rays on my system? ) 

Cyberlink now insists I pay $90 for PowerDVD 10 Ultra now. That's too much for me, so I returned the software...

But now Dell is telling me there is no way to reinstall PowerDVD 8! It cannot be downloaded from the website, and I did not get a PowerDVD disk with my system for some reason.

Anyway, is there some way to reinstall the OEM PowerDVD? It sort of worked - but now I have nothing.

• I contacted Dell again and the tech support person was able to restore my old version of PowerDVD.