how to burn a dvd from a dvr - Home Entertainment (Read Only) - Digital Entertainment - Dell Community

how to burn a dvd from a dvr

Digital Entertainment

Digital Entertainment
A space to talk about music, movies and other entertaining diversions.

how to burn a dvd from a dvr

• I have an LG LCD tv and an Inspiron 1545 laptop. How do I--can I--burn a dvd from the Direct TV DVR? Thanks for any help!

• Your DVR has no DVD burner. How do you propose to get the video from the DVR to your laptop?

my Dells:
    Optiplex 3020 - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit / Linux Mint
    Optiplex 3020 - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Precision M6300 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3

• The movie is recorded on the dvr. I want to somehow burn the dvd on my laptop dvd burner. Is it possible? As you can see, I am computer-savvy challenged! I need plain, ordinary english and simple terms!!!

• The simple answer is no, not after the fact.

my Dells:

• hi sritchie try this link mate www.afterdawn.com for all dvd vcd hvcd burning issues how to's etc etc im sure you will find something in there glossary somwhere mate . gl

• royster91

hi sritchie try this link mate www.afterdawn.com for all dvd vcd hvcd burning issues how to's etc etc im sure you will find something in there glossary somwhere mate . gl

Do you even remotely understand the issue at hand?   That link is useless for the task at hand.

my Dells:

• there are ways around every problem im merely giving him an option to solve it , at least he can go and try to solve it with people who know about dvd burning and video editing etc etc

• royster91

there are ways around every problem im merely giving him an option to solve it , at least he can go and try to solve it with people who know about dvd burning and video editing etc etc

Again, you are missing the point. The encrypted files are on his DVR. How do you propose getting those files to his laptop????

If the issue was only about burning and editing video files. It is NOT.

my Dells:

• well like i said i was merely offering him an OPTION can you see my point . i was offering HIM an OPTION  simple as . END OF DISCUSSION . ITS THERE FOR HIM if he wishes to pursue his dream then he can !! leave it at that im not gonna stay and argue here i have other things to do i bid you good day.

• an option that is useless for his purposes; why bother?

my Dells: