Need help connecting my Latitude D820 to my Hitachi TV - Home Entertainment (Read Only) - Digital Entertainment - Dell Community

Need help connecting my Latitude D820 to my Hitachi TV

Digital Entertainment

Digital Entertainment
A space to talk about music, movies and other entertaining diversions.

Need help connecting my Latitude D820 to my Hitachi TV

• I have a Dell Latitude D820 (Windows XP) and I have hooked it up to my Hitachi Ultravision 53SBX01B TV.  I did this with a VGA to RBG cable connected through my Onkyo Receiver. I hit the FN key and F8 and can change the signal from the desktop to the TV, but all I get is 3 blurry squished desktop views on my TV screen. I cannot figure out the display settings. With some settings I will get horizontal lines with no recognizable pictrure. The audio works fine. Any suggestions??

• I would take the Onkyo Receiver out of the equation for the moment, and connect the laptop directly to the TV and see what happens.

my Dells:
    Optiplex 3020 - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit / Linux Mint
    Optiplex 3020 - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Precision M6300 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3

• I tried plugging my VGA to RBG cable directly into the TV  from my laptop and get the same results. urgh

So What I see is about 12" squished desktop image, 6" green stripe, 12" squished desktop image, 6" green stripe and another 12" squished desktop image, running vertically.

• If by RGB cable, you mean yellow+red+white RCA plugs, then I am not surprised it is not working. You need a converter box.

my Dells:

• by RGB I mean, Red-green-blue(component), the same that I use for the video on my DVD player.

• Same difference. converter box required. Read up on it if you don't understand why.

my Dells:

• Thank you for your assistance!! Any suggestions on the type of converter box?

• http://www.digitalconnection.com/products/video/9a60.asp gets good reviews

my Dells: