Blu Ray content does not play on HDMI - Suspect HDCP to be disabled - Home Entertainment (Read Only) - Digital Entertainment - Dell Community

Blu Ray content does not play on HDMI - Suspect HDCP to be disabled

Digital Entertainment

Digital Entertainment
A space to talk about music, movies and other entertaining diversions.

Blu Ray content does not play on HDMI - Suspect HDCP to be disabled

• Hi everyone,

I am unable to play back Blu ray content on the HDMI port. However, it does play well on the conputer. The PowerDVD DX 8 software throws up an error code that alludes to not being able to play coyright content on HDMI w.o HDCP. I ran a utility that the Dell tech support gave me. That shows the HDCP to be disabled. The machine has ATI 4350, that is supposed to be HDCP capable. tech support guy was clueless. In fact he came home and reinstalled my PowerDVD with an older version 7 and that has stopped the Blu ray playback itself, but I am following up to get the installer for the version that came with the computer. Once I have that, I will hopefully be back in the same state as before. Can someone suggest how do I enable HDCP ?

Rgds

Sandeep

• Do you have an update for us? I too am having similar problems.  It has become obvious to me that Dell support has no clue.

• Well cannot say what fixed it, but by uninstalled PowerDVD DX. reinstalled the latest version of Dx 8. Updated all the ATI drivers and control panel.

• HDCP is not a matter of fact to support high-definition HDTV, but the HDCP copyright protection of HD programming. What is the copyright of the HD programming it? Equipped with USB to HDMI Adapter, the playback of encrypted HD programming time, such as TV tuner card to receive HDTV programming, or BD / HD-DVD disc, when I also have the copyright. It is only these types of circumstances, would require playback device with HDCP to ensure that the output of the digital image signals are not into the device does not have HDCP has been pirated. Therefore, in addition to the usb to hdmi converter, other programs do not require HDCP, displays it does not matter whether they have HDCP. For example we have BT come TS files, the current DVD, or HD video camera to use our own programs produced by itself is not encrypted, Vista is also can not play when these programs require HDCP.