Studio Hybrid: Unable to use HDMI Output to 42" TV, works on smaller TV - Home Entertainment (Read Only) - Digital Entertainment - Dell Community

Studio Hybrid: Unable to use HDMI Output to 42" TV, works on smaller TV

Digital Entertainment

Digital Entertainment
A space to talk about music, movies and other entertaining diversions.

Studio Hybrid: Unable to use HDMI Output to 42" TV, works on smaller TV

• (Ok, let's try again without the service tag this time)

Hi everybody, I have a problem that I would like to hear if anybody have any input on.

I recently bought a Dell Studio Hybrid for the sole purpose of using it as an HTPC. Since it had HDMI output I thought this would be an easy setup. It turns out I can not get it to work with my Panasonic 42" Plasma TV whereas it works fine with my 32" Vizio (bedroom TV).

I have been on the phone with Dell Support and they state that it must be an issue with the TV. I have an AppleTV connected to the same HDMI port using the same HDMI cable (not at the same time of course) and it works fine. Because of this I can not see how it can be a problem with the TV.

The resolution I am testing with is 1024x768. Previously, a Dell technician came out to replace the motherboard and he stated that it could be because the Intel graphics adapter on the Studio Hybrid wasn't powerful enough to output to the larger TV. But 1024x768 should be the same output regardless of the TV size, shouldn't it?

The large TV is a Panasonic TH42-PX600U - http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support/Televisions/VIERA-Plasma-HDTVs/Technical-Specification/model.TH-42PX600U.T#ts

The small TV is a Vizio 32 VW32L 720p LCD HDTV - http://www.vizio.com/product.aspx?id=2720&pid=1506

Can anyone confirm if they have a Studio Hybrid outputting to a large (42"+) TV? I am not sure how to proceed from here so please let me know if you have any input.

• I should probably add that the Studio Hybrid is running the OOTB installation of Vista that came with the system.

•  

Hi,

My problem is very funny: I can ONLY have picture or sound but NOT BOTH when connecting my Studio XPS 13 to a Panasonic. The video card knows the TV, Vista knows the second monitor and as mentioned all options give me (a) sound only, (b) picture only or (c) nothing at all. My connection is very simple XPS --- HDMI cable - TV. The video control & Vista know how to setup the right resolution for the TV automatically that mean the drivers are ok. These photos show my setup:

Please help

Regards,

BH

• Unfortunately, I can't help but I have the same problem. Works well on via HDMI on a Sony 37" LCD screen at work, does not work at all on my Hitachi 42" plasma screen. Via the DVI (using a VGA adaptor) I get the picture, but flickers, would be nice to get it working via HDMI and remove the screen flicker.

• It will be based on the resolution of your display can support, automatic output. It will automatically display the best resolution settings with a usb multi display adapter. Ruoyin does not support the resolution which led to the TV screen can not display or display distorted images, please send any available video output to re-connect to the dvd player and re-adjust the resolution settings. The resolution to change the usb to hdmi adapter, hdmi TV will automatically change to comply with the resolution of dvd player. 

① using a composite video cable (yellow), will dvd player tv out (cvbs) jack to connect to dvi TV video input jack, switch to the cvbs mode. ② In the hdmi settings menu, select dvi television can be supported resolution.