LCD W2600 TV No Power - Dell Loses Another Customer - Home Entertainment (Read Only) - Digital Entertainment - Dell Community

LCD W2600 TV No Power - Dell Loses Another Customer

Digital Entertainment

Digital Entertainment
A space to talk about music, movies and other entertaining diversions.

LCD W2600 TV No Power - Dell Loses Another Customer

• After a long time of managing the Power issue with my Dell LCD W2600 TV - problems such as won't turn on after being shut off, disconnect the power from the wall outlet and plug back in to turn on, the TV won't turn on at all now.  Dell referred me to a third party service provider for the pay for service repair option - estimated to be several hundred dollars taking into account shipping and service costs. 

I now understand that Dell does not value loyal customers - I have been a loyal Dell customer for more than 10 years, having purchased several computers, monitors, printers and the W2600 TV. 

I explained to the 5 customer service people that I was shuffled through to get to this point, that it is Dell's choice to keep me as a customer or not.  If Dell would not remedy this issue for me, then I would no longer be a Dell customer and I will not purchase Dell products in the future.  Dell's choice is to do nothing to fix the problem; instead,  they have chosen to lose another customer.

I agree with an earlier recommendation posted on this forum that this known quality issue should be handled as a recall - the responsible manner in which numerous reputable companies handle known product quality issues across a wide range of consumer product categories.  I'm very disappointed to have experienced that Dell does not demonstrate the same ethical responsibility to their customers. 

I'm looking for a good replacement 26" TV.  Any suggestions?

• Dell has shown complete disregard for their loyal customers by not taking responsibility for a known quality issue with this product.  My suggestion:  buy a Sony Bravo.  Sony has much better product quality and customer service than Dell.  I am completely satisfied with the quality and reliability of my Sony Bravo TV.  Smile