W2607C LCD TV with the same W2600 power issue - Home Entertainment (Read Only) - Digital Entertainment - Dell Community

W2607C LCD TV with the same W2600 power issue

Digital Entertainment

Digital Entertainment
A space to talk about music, movies and other entertaining diversions.

W2607C LCD TV with the same W2600 power issue

• My Dell W2607C LCD TV has the same no power issue. I had it less than 3 years and have taken really good care of it.I shut it off after watching some tv to go get dinner. Two hours later I tried turning it on and I got nothing. Not even a blink of the LCD. Power LED turned blue, then blinked orange.

A week ago I finally called Dell Customer service. Of course, I was on hold for nearly 20 minutes. After giving all the pertinent information regarding my Dell 26"LCD/TV, the operator (in very broken english, I might add) guided me thru all the troubleshooting steps I had done already. None of the troubleshooting worked.

She tried pulling the old "contact your cable company" line, but I told her the cable is fine cause it's also plugged into a second tv. She then tried to explain that since it was out of warranty it could not be replaced. I didn't leave it at that and began to explain how Dell sold me a defective product and that I have had LCD monitors and TVs last longer than 2 years and how it was unfair for a loyal customer to be treated in this way. She then tried to send me off to another tech support service, but the only difference is that they were gonna charge me. I said 'No' and then asked for her supervisor.

He tried to give the same line about 'out of warranty' and I told him that this is not an uncommon problem and that if he googled 'Dell 26" TV not powering up', he'd see that there are a lot of consumers out there with the same problem as me.

He then said, "Oh but the problem you speak of is with the 2600 series model not yours, yours is the 2607C." I replied, without hesitation, "But it is still part of the same series, is it not? And it looks like the same problem was overlooked when they made the one I bought."

I was told someone of a 'higher authority' would contact me but their calls have been rather erratic and I cannot return their calls only leave voicemails. I do get emails saying how they just tried calling and when they say that they would call between a certain time the next, I end up wasting time waiting for a call that never comes.

As a last resort, I am posting on here in hopes that I will get response and not have to deal with scripted customer service.

I have ordered from Dell recently, out of good faith. If I'm stuck with a very expensive paperweight, I might as well returned my recent purchases and cut off all ties with Dell completely.

• I sent a message to DELL-Chris M regarding my problem with my W2607C LCD TV. And apparently I should have extended the warranty for this defective hardware. I've had LCD TV and monitors outlast the W2607C. After reading some of the threads on here, I guess I am not the only customer who got sold a defective product in which Dell's only intention is to make money selling warranties.

I was hoping that with all the previous threads over the years, Dell would own up to their mistakes and allow all of its customers with the power problem to freely replace their defective hardware. I guess that was a little too much to ask.

Sure, I could go with the out of warranty repair. But why should I pay for the repairs when it clearly is Dell's fault for making defective TVs?

• After playing some phone tag and email tag, I finally got in touch with a representative from the Dell Consumer Resolution Center. It pretty much went down the same way as my call to Dell Customer Service last week. I went through all the details again, recounting my call with the Customer Service rep from last week, remaining adamant that the same hardware flaw that is found on the W2600 series is the same one that my TV has.

After further expressing my disappointment with Dell's inability to take responsibility for selling me a defective TV, the rep pointed out that should I be approved for a replacement, that I wouldn't be getting another W2607c because of the simple fact that it is no longer in production.

"So, what you're saying is that Dell manufactures defective TVs and stops production before the TV is discontinued. Why would Dell do that? To gain more money on warranties and for those that didn't buy the warranty pay for the repairs?"

The Dell rep was silent for a bit, as if she was stunned that I figured Dell's real motive behind the faulty TVs. She then responded, "Sir, we would like to replace the TV for you but would like to make it clear that you would not get the same type model." (Ok, now we are getting somewhere.)

I replied,  "So you're telling me that I will not get a W2607C, that I would be getting a different model TV upon my approval for a replacement?"

"Yes."

"And what if the same problem occurs? Will I have to jump through hoops to get it replaced again?", I asked.

"Sir, this model will not have that problem."

"How do you know? Is this a refurbished model, or an older model, or what?"

"I can't say Sir, it all depends on what kind of replacement you get approved for. But it will not be any model that is discontinued."

"If you don't know what kind of model TV I will get should I be approved for a replacement, how can you say that the replacement will not have that same problem 30 days, 90 days, or 2 years from now?", I replied.

"Sir, if that should happen we will replace it for you but I guarantee that the TV will not have this problem. However, should anything else happen to the TV you will be required to go through the Dell Repair service, which will require a pre-payment.", she stated, as if reading it off some script.

"So what you're saying is that if, and that's a big IF, I get approved for a replacement TV that WILL NOT have the power issue, but could very well be flawed in such a way that I would have to pay for repairs."

"Sir, the TV will not be flawed or defective. I'm just saying that should there be any other problems other than the power issue, we cannot help you with a replacement, only repairs.", she replied.

"Well I guess if that's my only option to replace this overly expensive paperweight, I guess I'll have to take my chances."

"Sir, so you want to go ahead with the replacement process?"

"Sure, I have no other choice. How long will this take?"

She replies, "Should you be approved, about 6-7 days. I will call back again around that time to touch base with you."

At this point she took down my address, and gave me another reference number to go along with my case number. She also got my email address to send me a confirmation email with the number I had just written down.

So I've got to wait another 6-7 days. I wish Dell would take a cue from Microsoft's current policy with their RRoD problem: Just replace it. No questions asked. See, Microsoft is owning up to its mistakes with the Xbox 360. Dell, they aren't, at least, not to the extent that they should be. With Microsoft, it took me one phone call. With Dell, I had to jump through the hoops of emails, and playing phone tag over the course of 2 weeks and I still have to wait another week to see whether or not I will get approved for a replacement. With Microsoft, I've already shipped out my defective console and will get a replacement sent to me within two weeks. That's how all replacement plans should work when it clearly is the company's fault.

• I too am having the same issue with my W2600. It just died on me after three years, because It was out of warranty, I took it to a repair shop. They said they have heard of this problem. So I went online and found out that Dell has had this problem with their TV's. The repair guy said that Dell will not give any info so they can repair them.

I love my tv and would like to get another one but I don't think I will buy Dell if they don't help me with this problem.

Dennis

• djamesj,

Try calling Dell's customer service, if you haven't done so yet. It's a bit of a headache but if you keep pressing the issue they might be able to replace yours more willingly than they are willing to replace mine since yours is a W2600.

See this post from one of the Dell people on here regarding your TV:

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=si_hmtheatre&message.id=2509#M2509

Good Luck!

• Update: Dell approved my replacement and I received it earlier this week. No thanks to any of the Dell staff on here who either told me that I was out of luck or did not bother to assist me with this issue. Thanks to all the OTHER forums I visited that told me to keep fighting for my rights as a consumer.

Even though I did get a replacement, I was again lied to by the Dell rep I spoke to earlier this week. She told me that any replacement that I would receive would not be the same model or any model that is no longer in production or considered discontinued.

The replacement I received was the exact same model: W2607C. So there you have it. Another lie. First Dell denies anything wrong with my model TV, then after fighting to get it replaced, they lied and said that I would not get the same model and will not have the same power issue.

Well, I got the same model, so it looks like I'll be able to get a least a good two years out of it before the same power issue turns this one into a paperweight.

I would like to share with everyone a word of caution when buying Dell TVs and that buying the warranty for any Dell TV (and possibly all their other products) is not worth it. You're better off spending your money elsewhere. With new technologies being introduced almost every year, by the time your hardware bricks and is out of warranty, you'll want the newest tech on the market anyway.

If you are having the same problem like me or having problems with any other product, and are tired of the Dell run-around, fight your way through Dell Customer Service to speak with a Senior Support Resolver from the Dell Consumer Resolution Center
  • I have ALMOST 100% Identical issue/s except my boss purchased TWO of these PROBLEMS that one quit almost 2 weeks to the day after the other. I am STILL waiting on DELL'S research team to give me an answer on replacement's. ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Thanks in advance..

DELL W2607C

• SpartanLoneWolf

My Dell W2607C LCD TV has the same no power issue. I had it less than 3 years and have taken really good care of it.I shut it off after watching some tv to go get dinner. Two hours later I tried turning it on and I got nothing. Not even a blink of the LCD. Power LED turned blue, then blinked orange.

A week ago I finally called Dell Customer service. Of course, I was on hold for nearly 20 minutes. After giving all the pertinent information regarding my Dell 26"LCD/TV, the operator (in very broken english, I might add) guided me thru all the troubleshooting steps I had done already. None of the troubleshooting worked.

She tried pulling the old "contact your cable company" line, but I told her the cable is fine cause it's also plugged into a second tv. She then tried to explain that since it was out of warranty it could not be replaced. I didn't leave it at that and began to explain how Dell sold me a defective product and that I have had LCD monitors and TVs last longer than 2 years and how it was unfair for a loyal customer to be treated in this way. She then tried to send me off to another tech support service, but the only difference is that they were gonna charge me. I said 'No' and then asked for her supervisor.

He tried to give the same line about 'out of warranty' and I told him that this is not an uncommon problem and that if he googled 'Dell 26" TV not powering up', he'd see that there are a lot of consumers out there with the same problem as me.

He then said, "Oh but the problem you speak of is with the 2600 series model not yours, yours is the 2607C." I replied, without hesitation, "But it is still part of the same series, is it not? And it looks like the same problem was overlooked when they made the one I bought."

I was told someone of a 'higher authority' would contact me but their calls have been rather erratic and I cannot return their calls only leave voicemails. I do get emails saying how they just tried calling and when they say that they would call between a certain time the next, I end up wasting time waiting for a call that never comes.

As a last resort, I am posting on here in hopes that I will get response and not have to deal with scripted customer service.

I have ordered from Dell recently, out of good faith. If I'm stuck with a very expensive paperweight, I might as well returned my recent purchases and cut off all ties with Dell completely.

I did not have the same luck. I have the same problems but basically dell told me that it's not with that specific model and then I cited the post you made. They then said they  have no record of any W2607C ever being replaced and that since the forums aren't official they can't take anyone's word on this. I would post much more but after arguing with the guy I was finally hung up on by a floor manager. Before that I asked for his supervisor and he refused to give it to me. I do not plan on buying Dell again and will not recommend them to anyone else. They will so easily sell you a product and when you want them to stand behind it they are nowhere to be found. If I was such an anomaly they would easily say "yeah something must of gone wrong with your tv...let us help you."

SpartanLoneWolf if you really did get it replaced then please help me by showing me some proof. They basically said that they haven't replaced ONE W2607C due to the problems we are having. Contact me  if you really did get it replaced.

• I'm having the exact same problems with my Dell W2607C.  I've talked to technical support, customer care, and some hardware warranty support multiple times in the past two days.  Each department kept pushing me off to one of the other Departments.  Tech support said this model does not have the "power on" issue which is a complete joke as it's fairly evident that it does.  I mean who is Dell kidding here.  I'm so frustrated with this Company it's beyond words.  I've talked to so many "support" people the last 2 days my ear hurts from holding the phone there.  Customer Care basically laughed at me and said they would not do anything for me as my product is out of warranty.  Customer care then hung up on me when I asked to speak to a supervisor . . . and that was after making me wait for 15 min. on hold while transfering me to the supervisor.  I'm not sure if they thought I would just hang up or what.  

I've already ordered another TV from another Company.  I've been a loyal customer of Dell's for  a long time having purchased multiple desktop computers from the Company but they are clearly closing their eyes to this manufacturing flaw and their "support" services are nothing but an endless circle intended to waste the time of valuable customers.  At the end of the day, all I wanted to hear from anybody in their support services departments was that they would document the problem, look into/research the problem, and acknowledge that muliple customers are having the same problem as the 2600 and 2606.  Nobody could do that for me today.  I am in the process of contacting my local media news outlets as well as the Better Business Bureau to inform them of this negligence.  If that doesn't work I'm going to consider contacting a lawyer.  At this point it's not about the TV it's about a business getting away something that is clearly "wrong".

• CEL35:

If you send friend me and send me the Order number from the Dell W2607C, I'll be more than willing to take a look at the account information and make sure your problems have been recorded.

However, without an extended service contract for the unit, we would not be able to offer a replacement.  Our warranty replacement program is in line with industry standards and those of our competitiors.

• Thanks Chris - I will certainly send you all of the details that I have.  I'm not sure I'll be able to hunt down the order number but I do have the service tag and express service number from the back of the TV.  I wouldn't be opposed to somehow getting the actual TV to Dell as well so that it will be even more apparent that this model has the same "power on" problems as the other models.  I'm then hoping Dell will consider this model as covered under the 3 year extended warranty granted for the 2600 and 2606 "power on" issues.  You're the first person that has told me that you will actually record my problems which I appreciate but I hope that also means the Company will investigate the issue.  I'll send you my info via email.

• Ok, whatever.. Guessing they do for some and NOT others/ALL.. 100% same identical ISSUE (no Power issue), guess I and a few others were just "LUCKY" hmmm??

Indifferent

• UnhappyCamper: As Far AS,  what you wrote, "I did not have the same luck. I have the same problems but basically dell told me that it's not with that specific model and then I cited the post you made. They then said they  have no record of any W2607C ever being replaced and that since the forums aren't official they can't take anyone's word on this ""They can and WILL say Whatever THEY want, You Already Know This"". I would post much more but after arguing with the guy I was finally hung up on by a floor manager. Before that I asked for his supervisor and he refused to give it to me. I do not plan on buying Dell again and will not recommend them to anyone else. They will so easily sell you a product and when you want them to stand behind it they are nowhere to be found. If I was such an anomaly they would easily say "yeah something must of gone wrong with your tv...let us help you."

SpartanLoneWolf if you really did get it replaced then please help me by showing me some proof. They basically said that they haven't replaced ONE W2607C due to the problems we are having. Contact me  if you really did get it replaced

READ MY POST/S

MDeFalco

• I WAS able to Successfully get BOTH of my W2607C /s REPLACED 100% FREE from Dell, I followed Spartans instructions and was fairly easy. Although I had to do the process for each Monitor, wasn't that big of a deal. I was sent TWO Brand NEW replacements, I was told I would probably NOT get same make and model, but they would be replaced. I was PROMPTLY sent e-mails and correspondence VIA telephone and e-mail. The replacements were shipped right away, I had to return the originals back within 45 days or I'd be charged, they PRE-Paid everything. I DO have PROOF of everything. I'd be happy to share any and all information to anyone who'd like it. If you have any questions at all, feel free to e-mail me, I'd also be happy to speak VIA telephone if it'd help anyone. For Now, I will wait to see if I can help, if not, I'll post more later. FYI, this was done almost right away from after my last post. I did own a computer store for almost twelve years, I currently work for a Law Firm in NE Ohio. I certainly hope this might help SOMEONE.

• Since Dell apparently changed their community web addresses, the link in your post no longer works.  Can you update it?  Thanks.