DELL W3000 - Power on / no video - Home Entertainment (Read Only) - Digital Entertainment - Dell Community

DELL W3000 - Power on / no video

Digital Entertainment

Digital Entertainment
A space to talk about music, movies and other entertaining diversions.

DELL W3000 - Power on / no video

• I purchased a W3000 LCD TV, April 2005.  This TV worked a few months before this issue started.  Each time I called DELL service they led me down a different corrective action path.  I replaced the surge suppressor, tested the cable connection, tested the electrical, etc.  Then about one week before the warranty was going to expire, A DELL representative suggested that I swap the TV, as a precaution.  Within months after receiving the replacement I started having the same problem.  For approximately one year I was able to get a picture (video) by turning the power on/off numerous times.  Recently I haven’t even been able to get that practice to work.

When I contacted the DELL REC (resolution expert center) web escalations team in November, 2007 they basically indicated that they were unfamiliar with the problem, and because it was out-of-warranty there was little they could do or suggest.

Then in July of 2008 I did a search on the internet for “DELL W3000 LCD TV complaints” and I found many links, with the same identical problem.  I again wrote to the DELL REC web escalations team and told them about my discovery.  They then asked for the links, which I provided.  I thought after this request, any reasonable person would admit there was/is a problem.  I am sure you can guess what kind of answer I got – “There are no know issues with the W3000 TV.  I understand that there are forums out there where customers have reported issues, but our Engineers have not put out any documentation pertaining to this as being a problem”.  They also said – “I can however provide you with the phone number for our Out of Warranty department.  This department may be able to offer you a pre-paid exchange”.

On July 12th I wrote back and said this answer was unacceptable, and I expected a better answer from a company like Dell Inc.  The DELL REC responded by saying – “We have not received any documentation from our Engineers that this is an issue.  If DELL were to receive a high number of reported issues with this TV, then I am sure that our Engineers would be aware of it and provide documentation to us.  I work at Corporate Headquarters in Round Rock, Texas and my department handles the highest level of escalations including Executive Escalations.  Unfortunately, we will not be able to repair an out of warranty TV”.

What next?

• According to LCD Repair LLC it's the logic board. They have one and it's at a good price.
  • Does anybody know where I can get this logic board and what is the cost?