For DELL-ChrisM - W3706MC - IR receiver does not work on start up after 18 months with no errors - Home Entertainment (Read Only) - Digital Entertainment - Dell Community

For DELL-ChrisM - W3706MC - IR receiver does not work on start up after 18 months with no errors

Digital Entertainment

Digital Entertainment
A space to talk about music, movies and other entertaining diversions.

For DELL-ChrisM - W3706MC - IR receiver does not work on start up after 18 months with no errors

• Hi
    my 18 month old W3706MC TV has worked well for 18 months and now suddenly without any cause (I think) the IR Receiver on the TV does not function on start up. For the first approx 60 minutes I have to operate the TV by using the controls on the TV Set. Then after approx 60 minutes the IR Receiver works well and accepts the control commands from my remote control (standard Dell remote control).

My TV is connected to the following equipment:
    - Broadband TV receiver (KISS) thru HDMI
    - MediaPC (Dell) thru DVI + analogue
    - XBOX360 thru Component
    - Analogue/Digital aerial

I have tested the remote control with my other Dell TV and it works well. I hope you can help me with this annoying issue, thanks
  • KFJDK,

I would start by replacing the batteries in the remote. Then, enter the Menu- Setup and choose Factory Reset. Then power the TV off/on, and check it.
  • Chris,
    I have replaced the batteries and factory reset the TV; but the problem persists.
    As I have tested the remote control on another Dell TV with positive results, I think the issue is with the IR receiver on the TV - still I do not understand why it starts functioning after approx 60 minuttes.
    Could the IR receiver be disturbed by "noice" from my bluetooth/wlan/RF-remote or other wireless communication devices? Thanks
  • KFJDK,

Is there new wireless hardware added to your home?
  • Only new device is a Blackberry with GPRS, GPS and Bluetooth activated. But can it really disturb Infra Red?
  • KFJDK,

My apologies, I meant other devices that use IR. If not, is the TV warranty still valid?
  • No, unfortunately it is just outside the 12 months warranty period. I hoped that a reset or a bios/firmware update could solve the issue.
  • KFJDK,

LCD TV out of warranty repair option
    * DecisionOne (800-941-4478) will ask you to send the unit in for diagnosis and you must provide prepayment.
    * In 1-2 business days, you will receive material from DecisionOne to pack and ship the TV to a certified repair center for servicing.
    * Within 3 business days of receiving the TV, DecisionOne will inform you of the repair cost and ask for permission to perform the repairs. You must provide approval over the phone for this to occur.
    * After the approval is received, agents repair and return the TV to you within 5 business days.
    =====

You may also try these 3rd party repair providers
    FixMyBigscreenTV
    Moniserve LCD Monitor or LCD TV Repair
    Fix My LCD Monitor, TV or Plasma TV
    Plasma TV Repair
  • I HAVE THE OPPOSITE PROBLEM.

THE REMOTE WILL OCCASSIONALY TURN THE TV ON BUT AFTER  60 MINS IT WILL NOT TURN IT OFF. I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH 2 DIFFERENT REMOTES ONE DELL REMOTE AND ONE LOGITECH PROGRAMMABLE WHICH ALSO CONTROLS MY APPLIFIER AND SATELITE BOX.

THE REMOTE RECIEVER IN THE TV STOPPED WORKING JUST AFTER THE TV WAS OUT OF GAURENTEE 

FORTUNATELY THE SOUND AND CHANNEL CHANING IS DONE ELSE WHERE BUT CHANGING INPUTS HAS TO BE DONE BY THE ON TV BUTTONS